NPD Fulltone Deja Vibe Mini MK2

benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
Lovely thing, solidly built and feels like a quality piece of kit. Not 100% sure that this one is going to be for me, I think I’m more of a tremolo person than a vibe person. 

It didn’t play very nicely with the Kingtone Mini Fuzz which was originally first in the chain but I changed it around and now it’s sounding good. Weirdly, this is the first pedal that the Mini Fuzz doesn’t mind being after, is that because the vibe runs at 18v? 

Going to give it a few more weeks but this one may end up in the classifieds. 

How very rock and roll
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I like vibe more before fuzz, I think it’s slightly more common to run a vibe into a fuzzface! The Fulltone dejavibes look really cool 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    you've got some nice pedals there. they might sound better with some halfway decent patch leads between them
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    bbill335 said:
    you've got some nice pedals there. they might sound better with some halfway decent patch leads between them
    Thanks! Funnily enough, I ordered another Evidence SIS kit to wired up the wooden board, purely for aesthetic/vanity reasons. I must admit though I've never been able to notice a difference between the cheap cables I generally use and more premium brands.
    How very rock and roll
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    I like vibe more before fuzz, I think it’s slightly more common to run a vibe into a fuzzface! The Fulltone dejavibes look really cool 
    There’s various theories on what sounds best, fuzz or drive pedals into univibe or vice versa but ultimately I think it’s just what sounds good to you. Robin Trower, who I guess knows a thing or two about the subject, runs his last in the chain after various boost, drive and wah pedals. 
  • boogieman said:
    I like vibe more before fuzz, I think it’s slightly more common to run a vibe into a fuzzface! The Fulltone dejavibes look really cool 
    There’s various theories on what sounds best, fuzz or drive pedals into univibe or vice versa but ultimately I think it’s just what sounds good to you. Robin Trower, who I guess knows a thing or two about the subject, runs his last in the chain after various boost, drive and wah pedals. 

Yeah, lots of players run vibe after fuzz. Philip Sayce being another and his vibe tone is unreal. I was just saying it’s slightly more common to run vibe into fuzz so the OP knew it wasn’t unusual that he prefers it that way. To me it’s a rounder tone that’s easier on the ears when placed before a fuzz so better for bedroom playing. Obviously all pedals, set ups, playing styles are different so just do whatever works for you! 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Sayce runs fuzz before vibe but runs a TS after at the same time which offsets the fizziness that method. 

I prefer vibe first frankly but i think it might be dependant on the vibe and the fuzz. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • Cool info on the TS! 

Yeah I reckon it depends on what you have and also how cool you are. There seems to be a direct correlation between the coolness of the player and the more modulation effects you run after fuzz.