Your forever guitars

What's Hot

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    enjo said:
    munckee said:
    @enjo that telecaster looks like a great piece of wood.  I'm not into strats with humbuckers but a lovely looking guitar.
    Thanks @munckee, the tele is actually a really nice bookmatched two piece swamp ash made by Jamesguitarparts. I added comfort cuts and finished it with wood dye and tru-oil. 
    Looks like you've done a top job.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7145
    This one. Partially because it’s incredible, and partially as there is sentiment attached. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2304
    My Les Paul Classic. I've acquired a few guitars now but that feels most like home.
    Tim
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2393
    Pete.R said:
    I've had more than 50 guitars during the last years,

Out of interest, were any of them not black?

That can't be coincidence.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1079
    My first ever electric guitar I got in 1998 when I was about 13 years old. A '97 (I think) Squier Affinity. Kept it all through my teens and young adulthood, still use it now for teaching. Would never sell it and wasn't going to get a new Strat.

Last year had it completely upgraded by @FelineGuitars ;from hardware to electronics, and now it plays like an American Standard.

It plays so nice I don't think I need any of my other guitars!!

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3895
    edited June 2020
    My Eastman T59v - it’s a fantastic instrument, and was purchased with some inheritance.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7745
    My Gretsch Masterbuilt 1959 Smoke Green Anniversary. 

Awesome guitar. 

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7145
    TheMarlin said:
    My Gretsch Masterbuilt 1959 Smoke Green Anniversary. 

Awesome guitar. 

that's a looker - would dwarf me however. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Its in my forum pic! Tokai Breezysound from '96

https://i.imgur.com/GBHx3vf.jpg
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    1989 PRS CE24, refinished in a teal colour and with stainless frets so probably worth about £10 to a PRS buyer if I did want to sell it.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    edited June 2020

Probably has to be this, despite me always thinking I'm more of a Les Paul person (til I play one and hate everything but the tone) - I've tried to trade/sell this a few times and glad I didnt. Dad helped buy it for me 10 years ago, always had a bit of a love/hate thing with it but I am learning to love it and now it feels like "my guitar". This is the only guitar I've had at home for about a year and been my main guitar for maybe 3 years since I sold my LP. Other guitars - especially strats - actually feel too far right now!

The Warpig bridge pickup (this is actually an Alegree copy) helps to thicken it up and add some more LPish compression. I've come to realise I prefer high output bridge pickups for the SG - lower output seems thin and weedy and somehow mid range output just sound a bit meh. It's not actually a super metally sounding pickup and I use it for everything. Splits well too, sounds like a fat tele singlecoil. It took a lot of pickup swapping to arrive at this one so I'm happy to invest the money in a "proper" Bare Knuckle pair now I know the formula works.

Actually sort of want to do a refin as I don't really care for cherry red but seems a shame to cover up that lovely grain with solid ebony which I prefer on an SG. Unless I go silverburst
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    For me it's my 5 self built guitars. There's something special about guitars built from scratch if you are a happy amateur like me.

But if the house was on fire and I could only save one it would be the strat. Love that guitar very much. I don't care how high the flames are, I'd have to go for it!

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2419
    axisus said:
    For me it's my 5 self built guitars. There's something special about guitars built from scratch if you are a happy amateur like me.

But if the house was on fire and I could only save one it would be the strat. Love that guitar very much. I don't care how high the flames are, I'd have to go for it!

All look great but that one on the right is brilliant!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Forever guitar, ha ha ha ha.

My eldest is coming up to it’s 3rd birthday. My newborn is only a week old. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27346
    munckee said:
    I only play at home, I have a one acoustic three electric rule,
    I've got that rule too @munckee!

I only ever play at home, and only one acoustic and three electrics on any given day. 

That way, over the course of a month, I get to play them all.
    :D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27346
    Forever guitars ...

This ...

... because it's simply the best guitar I've ever owned played.

This ...

... because it's the guitar I *should* have bought in 1979, and the one that I finally found and did buy about 30 years later.

This ...

... because it is my first born (first self build)

And, finally, this ...

... it's nothing special, but it's the acoustic that came with me to Uni, and could tell a lot of stories if it fell into the wrong hands.

The rest of them are just guitars.  Nice (for the most part) guitars, but ones that I could buy or make again if necessary.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Pete.RPete.R Frets: 349
    Stuckfast said:
    Pete.R said:
    I've had more than 50 guitars during the last years,

Out of interest, were any of them not black?

That can't be coincidence.

a few were non black ones.....though they were from the 70s-80s IIRC
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 395
    My Gibson 335 Block Inlay.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1845
    susbemol said:
    My Gibson 335 Block Inlay.

Now that my friend, is a stunner. 

Es-335s probably are the most “classically” beautiful guitars on the planet. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1845
    edited June 2020
    My CS ‘61 was shown in a similar thread and is no.1 for playability among all strats I’ve ever played. Will never sell it.

This 2013 R8 darkburst got me through a major set of professional exams and will also never be sold. Despite having a neck profile I’d say is marginally “too thick”, it somehow plays incredibly well, has rock solid tuning stability and never really needs tweaked. Sounds amazing too, clean or dirty. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom