Question for boss AD2 owners

the_butlerthe_butler Frets: 107
edited July 2022 in FX
I have a Laney A-solo (did they think before naming this amp?) which I use with 4 electro acoustics, just as a practice device with a looper pedal,  2 guitars have 9 volt fishmans which work well with the amp, the other's : one having the old taylor expression system (3 volts) and the other a passive fishman soundhole pickup, these have a comparitively lower output & I could do with boosting them before the laney's preamp.

I'm thinking of getting the AD2 preamp to do this but concerned it doesn't boost the signal just & processes it, before I buy one are there any owners out there? and can they let me know if it will boost the signal please?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72308
    I don't have one, but I have tried one - no boost, or not significant enough to notice.

The older AC-2 and AC-3 acoustic simulator pedals do boost though - and also add more 'emulation' of the signal, they're really designed for use with electric guitars, but they work quite well with acoustics with magnetic pickups (which actually the older Taylor system is too).

If you don't want that but just need a straight level boost, the Boss LS-2 actually works very well - and does so much more besides, it's an incredibly useful thing to have for many purposes.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• the_butlerthe_butler Frets: 107
    cool thanks, I'll check the ls2 out, always love a swiss army knife pedal