Furore at Fulltone.

What's Hot

Comments

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3818
    I've always thought he was a dick. You've only got to read some of the crap he writes about his pedals on the Fulltone website. Reality: his pedals are not as good as most boutique builders, so are overpriced for what they are. I class them as mid-range, somewhere between Boss and boutique stuff. But he charges boutique prices. Not for me thanks, having tried my fair share.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • althyalthy Frets: 92
    yep tone deaf is a good way to put it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jfraze5150jfraze5150 Frets: 262
    Lebarque said:
    I've always thought he was a dick. You've only got to read some of the crap he writes about his pedals on the Fulltone website. Reality: his pedals are not as good as most boutique builders, so are overpriced for what they are. I class them as mid-range, somewhere between Boss and boutique stuff. But he charges boutique prices. Not for me thanks, having tried my fair share.
    I dunno... as I said above I still love my FD2 and univibe. You’re right about the way he describes his pedals though... totally passive aggressive comments about how awesome he is. 
    Who’da though THIS guy was a bit of a twat...

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ^ That's Billy Ray Cyrus innit? Or is it Keith Urban?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 712
    the facebook comment of "You look like someone ran Keith Urban through a dehumidifier" was pure genius. 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JackobeanJackobean Frets: 667
    Lebarque said:
    The man's undeniably a giant douche.

Afraid you're dead wrong otherwise though.
    There would be no boutique pedal industry without Mike Fuller,
    and many of his designs still serve as an industry standard.
    No one designing a uni vibe clone would fail to consider his work as a benchmark.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3493
    jfraze5150 said:

Also, from discussions I’ve noticed there are very few pedal makers of colour. I don’t know of any in the U.K. but here’s a link to Native Audio - https://nativeaudio.us/ a Native American pedal builder. Some of these designs look cool af. Especially the Trem.
    Hmm.

I imagine most pedals sold in the world come from the Far East be it Boss, Mooer etc but that's probably another issue!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1186
    I think that plenty of the genuine protesters are annoyed at the people who are using this protest as an excuse to go out vandilising and looting, which arguably could harm their cause. Is that what he was trying to convey?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    jfraze5150 said:

Also, from discussions I’ve noticed there are very few pedal makers of colour. I don’t know of any in the U.K. but here’s a link to Native Audio - https://nativeaudio.us/ a Native American pedal builder. Some of these designs look cool af. Especially the Trem.
    Hmm.

I imagine most pedals sold in the world come from the Far East be it Boss, Mooer etc but that's probably another issue!
    Oh that’s true, fair point... I guess I’m referring to smaller business, call them ‘boutique’ if you like, I just think it’s a good way to answer douchebaggery by doing something positive like buying a pedal from small businesses run by anyone of colour, who lets face it, are few and far between in the guitar world.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Jackobean said:
    Lebarque said:
    The man's undeniably a giant douche.

Afraid you're dead wrong otherwise though.
    There would be no boutique pedal industry without Mike Fuller,
    and many of his designs still serve as an industry standard.
    No one designing a uni vibe clone would fail to consider his work as a benchmark.
    You might be right, but that isn't what I said. My point was that in my opinion, you can find a better sounding pedal for the same price as a Fulltone. I've tried his 69, OCD, Clyde wah and Dejavibe. All (apart from the OCD which wasn't my cup of tea) were replaced by superior-sounding beasts over time. Sunface, Xotic wah and Mojovibe if you want to know. As our friends across the pond say, YMMV.  
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 744
    althy said:
    He has a classic shop owner stand point. He hasn't said anything racist for what I have read.
    He made the distinction between shoplifters/ looters and the protesters.. he just responded to an obvious troll for what I have read with a bit of wit
    I’m not claiming he said anything racist. He didn’t respond. He made a comment about the mayor and governor of wherever he’s from in Southern Cali being ‘pussys’ for allowing ‘4 nights of looting’. He only made the distinction after the fact. It’s not racist but from a wealthy and privileged white man, in the current climate, it’s tone deaf at best.

Why is he privileged? Because he worked hard to get where he is? A successful business man? What does the color of his skin have to do with that? Should he not be allowed to comment on the looting because he is wealthy or because is white or because he is both?
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    9reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    fnpt said:
    althy said:
    He has a classic shop owner stand point. He hasn't said anything racist for what I have read.
    He made the distinction between shoplifters/ looters and the protesters.. he just responded to an obvious troll for what I have read with a bit of wit
    I’m not claiming he said anything racist. He didn’t respond. He made a comment about the mayor and governor of wherever he’s from in Southern Cali being ‘pussys’ for allowing ‘4 nights of looting’. He only made the distinction after the fact. It’s not racist but from a wealthy and privileged white man, in the current climate, it’s tone deaf at best.

Why is he privileged? Because he worked hard to get where he is? A successful business man? What does the color of his skin have to do with that? Should he not be allowed to comment on the looting because he is wealthy or because is white or because he is both?
    Sigh. He’s privileged because he’s white. In a country where black people are killed by police at a much higher rate, because of racism. Of course he’s allowed to comment, but that freedom of speech doesn’t preclude him from the ramifications. In this case, people see it as a bit of a dick thing to say. Something he fully accepts himself in his apology. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2020
    fnpt said:
    althy said:

You see... his comments imply that he is more concerned with damage to property and theft than he is with the murder of black people by the police. He is privileged because being white and wealthy, he is quite right to worry more about theft and damage to his property than say... suffocating slowly with a knee on his neck after using a fake $20 bill. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 463
    He's got a long story of being a dick to customers, threatening to close other pedal companies "with a phone call", etc.
    I actually bought my 3rd used Fucktone pedal last week and so far, the other 2 I have, are a staple on my board for sometime now. I just put some tape over his name so I don't have to see it everytime I look down and I'd never buy one of his pedals new.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Can we at least move this to where it belongs? P&E or OT. It doesn't belong in the FX section.

@Roland @digitalscream ;

Bye!

Can we at least move this to where it belongs? P&E or OT. It doesn't belong in the FX section.

@Roland @digitalscream ;

Has anyone checked out the NativeAudio FX demos I linked? 
  • Can we at least move this to where it belongs? P&E or OT. It doesn't belong in the FX section.

@Roland @digitalscream ;

Has anyone checked out the NativeAudio FX demos I linked? 
    I did actually. Nice decal work, would be happy to discuss them in a thread dedicated to the brand. Haven't listened to the demos yet. "Analog-voiced" jumped out at me for the delay. I'm guessing it is digital?

Bye!

Jota said:
    He's got a long story of being a dick to customers, threatening to close other pedal companies "with a phone call", etc.
    I actually bought my 3rd used Fucktone pedal last week and so far, the other 2 I have, are a staple on my board for sometime now. I just put some tape over his name so I don't have to see it everytime I look down and I'd never buy one of his pedals new.
    I’ve got an idea. We could start a pedal company called Fucktone. Make obvious rips of his pedals, lap up the publicity when he goes mental but then say we’re gonna donate 20% of profits to looters bail funds! 

Trouble is I know nothing about building pedals. Never even used a soldering iron. Fuck, I’m not even a half decent guitar player. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8692
    WiresDreamDisasters said: Can we at least move this to where it belongs? P&E or OT. It doesn't belong in the FX section.
    Threads merged
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom