Android -- Maximum volume WhatsApp problem -- any workarounds?

GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4028
edited June 2020 in Off Topic
Google says this is a thing but unfortunately no apparent solution.
When I get a WhatsApp call on my Android phone the conversation is at maximum volume -- it's intolerable actually.
Volume control has no effect.
Media volume has no effect.
I currently need to listen on earbuds with a mic (so holding the phone further away from my ear is therefore not an option).
Adding a passive volume control between the 3.5mm phone output and the headset/mic adds echo.
Likewise, using headset/ mic with built in passive volume control adds echo too.  [How odd!]
My latest brainwave was getting a splitter lead for headset/mic (green/pink) but erm, not quite sure how to complete the brainwave.

Because this forum can sometimes be cleverer than google have any of you lot:
(a)  Had the Android + WhatsApp maximum volume issue?
(b)  Solved it by whatever means.

I like my phone but if I can't solve this then I'll have to get a second hand iPhone or something. 
(So feel free to PM if you're flogging one cheap -- I'd literally only want it for connecting to WiFi and chatting with my son in the States by WhatsApp).
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12881
    Tried reinstalling?

Or Just use another app? Skype / Zoom / Messenger / Google Meet all have android apps and all support talking over WiFi. 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4028
    The only info I can find suggests that for those with the problem it's not specific to WhatsApp but somehow connected with how different apps which should use the media volume somehow don't.  I know that's a bit hand wavey.
    Reinstalling makes sense.  I hadn't thought of that and it really should have been the first thing to try.