HELP NEEDED: A call to the tFB to help one of their own - THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY - CLOSED.

What's Hot
jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
edited June 2020 in Off Topic
Afternoon All, 

Whilst scrolling through Facebook earlier, I came across a post which prompted me to want to do something for someone who, although can be a bit of a knob ( ), is generally a great bloke and has had a proper shit time the last few years, and reading that he's now essentially going to have to start selling his gear to put food on the table; all because he decided he'd take a step at investing in himself to start up his own business before Covid-19 took a shit over us all, is heartbreaking, quite frankly, as I know how much some of his gear means to him. 

So after discussion with Mods to get their approval and a few other members who agreed it would be a good idea, we're setting up one of theFretboard's famous crowdfunders to help @TimmyO through this torrid time. 

I know what his reaction will likely be, but he doesn't have a say in the matter; frankly, I can't think of anyone more deserving. 

I know things are tight for a lot of people right now, but if you're able to spare a few pennies, please send whatever you can to the usual tFB PayPal account - <link removed now that the fundraising's done> where Lee and the team will do the rest. 

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24267
    I can think of many people who wouldn't have fucked up the solo in "Hysteria" at the GASFEST. ;) 

He could spend it on essentials, or he could use it on guitar lessons. His choice! :D 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    Nice one, @joneve , I'm in.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • clare_bearclare_bear Frets: 50
    Lovely idea @joneve. Done.
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    edited June 2020
    Nice one Jon .Done ! 
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    I used to work in the same building at Tim, initially without realising it, but once that was discovered, it was always enjoyable to have a GAS-related chat during coffee breaks. Absolutely sterling chap, it is my pleasure to contribute.
  • BodBod Frets: 1299
    Happy to help with a meagre sum. Incoming.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    Done. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Done
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I'll be doing it now, Timmy's a fucking legend.
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 453
    Don't know him, but sounds like a good cause. Ive just paypalled you
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    Contribution sent. Hope things look up for TimmyO. :)
  • Done. I've started up a few times, went both well and bad, so here's to a fellow traveller. Hope all improves as soon as, Tim.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    All, thanks for your generosity. Tim has been very humbled and we have made the collective decision to close off the thread now that we've arranged for the money to be sent to him and gratefully received. 

As per usual theFretboard Family has come through in time of need. :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.