Humanity

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Spot on ... he only left out hanging round here to argue over the minutiae of life and the eternal dilemma that has forumites breaking out in a cold sweat at 3:00 am. Valves or modelling and the quest for tone?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I wonder how many concubines he has?

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31367
    Doesn't he hang out in Malibu these days? 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited June 2020
    I get the sentiment but poor people get ill without wasting their money doing so presumably?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    I wonder how many concubines he has?
    Given a lifetime of celibacy even if he has some they must be of limited use to him. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I wonder how many concubines he has?
    Given a lifetime of celibacy even if he has some they must be of limited use to him. 

You believe that? Nonsense. He's been rogerin' left right n centre! Mark my words!

Bye!

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I get the sentiment but poor people get ill without wasting their money doing so presumably?
    Yeah I think it refers to mental stress more than anything. That's what I take from it anyway - not doing a 9-5 job with low stress and good pay, but making sacrifices of time and energy in order to make more money than someone else.

Sort of thing.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

They worship at the mighty cathedral of pies called Greggs. Or the Friday evening KFC bucket special washed down with Special Brew while watching trashy TV ...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4065
    Did The Lama say that?   That's an old quote that's done the rounds for years. 

This true though.

Sitting in my garden with coffee and biscuits admiring my plants and instead of being grateful for this experience,  I'm thinking about all the things I don't have (pool, McLaren,  swiss chalet, etc)
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    Yeah I think it refers to mental stress more than anything. That's what I take from it anyway - not doing a 9-5 job with low stress and good pay, but making sacrifices of time and energy in order to make more money than someone else.

Sort of thing.
    I suppose. I'd be peed off if I gave up all the stressful stuff and the unhealthy stuff and still found myself depressed and unhealthy, but poorer though ;)

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3627
    edited June 2020
    I don't know but I hope that he's carefull.  Those quills are pretty sharp.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Not as many as this guy .. the King of Thailand currently holed up in a German hotel he and his entourage have taken over.  Love the way people have to lie down in his presence - time for a peasants revolt.

Did The Lama say that?   That's an old quote that's done the rounds for years. 

He's 84 - it's the sort of thing he'd say.

But didn't US President Abraham Lincoln warn people not to believe everything the read on the internet. He was way ahead of his time.

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6594
    edited June 2020
    Fretwired said:
    Not as many as this guy .. the King of Thailand currently holed up in a German hotel he and his entourage have taken over.  Love the way people have to lie down in his presence - time for a peasants revolt.

Not that I'm being judgemental, but if anyone requires others to kneel down in their presence, that makes them a complete and utter c*nt. Not negotiable. 

What actually is going on in this picture. It appears to be some kind of ritual. Anyone know what it is?
  • merlin said:
    Fretwired said:

Not that I'm being judgemental, but if anyone requires others to kneel down in their presence, that makes them a complete and utter c*nt. Not negotiable. 

What actually is going on in this picture. It appears to be some kind of ritual. Anyone know what it is?
    Can you kneel when you say that please?

Bye!

merlin said:

The woman is a concubine - the bottle contains oils. The King anoints her and she gives him a present and joins his harem. I think this was at his coronation ceremony hence his army commanders are lying on the floor.

merlin said:
    Fretwired said:

Can you kneel when you say that please?

Ah white privilege. Go and shave your head ... :-)

• BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2582
    In my early 20s a friend of mine, after years of dedication, had reached an elevated position within the Transcendental Meditation movement (he had a title, but I've forgotten it).  Vegetarian, no booze, no drugs, scornful of materialism, he thought he'd found the answers the shallow lives the rest of us were leading didn't supply. 

Then the woman he'd been with since they were teenagers dumped him.  So how did he cope? Gain spiritual consolation from the wisdom of the East?

Nah, he spent months hitting the booze hard and shagging around just like the rest of us would have done.

A lesson in there somewhere I thought.

“To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3627
    I think that the picture was released as part of the wedding photographs when the King married Suthida Vajiralongkorn na Ayudhya (she's the one on the deck handing him a box of Milk Tray) making her his fourth wife (previous three divorced) - some people just don't know when to quit.

I seem to remember that he had another 'consort' on the go (a former fighter pilot / body gaurd) but I have some vague recollection that she fell out of favour recently?
    Musicwolf said:
    I think that the picture was released as part of the wedding photographs when the King married Suthida Vajiralongkorn na Ayudhya (she's the one on the deck handing him a box of Milk Tray) making her his fourth wife (previous three divorced) - some people just don't know when to quit.

I seem to remember that he had another 'consort' on the go (a former fighter pilot / body gaurd) but I have some vague recollection that she fell out of favour recently?

You are right - she's an ex-flight attendant now Queen. There's a similar pic with the ex-fighter pilot. I think it's the same event as the setup is identical. She's out of favour and has vanished.

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
    Fretwired said:
    merlin said:

hence his army commanders are lying on the floor.
    I thought they might have been concubines too
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ