NGD. Broadcaster content

What's Hot
nick79nick79 Frets: 252
edited June 2020 in Guitar
Had this arrive today, and its a beauty, and one hell of an upgrade over my Classic Vibe (although to be fair they are very very good!)

https://i.imgur.com/0y3N6MK.jpg
0reaction image LOL 21reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    Good effort. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bill_SBill_S Frets: 103
    Wow, fancy a tele myself- superb 
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    Nice one. These have got the same pickups as the custom shop models. Should be an excellent guitar
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 252
    Thanks. As far as i know they aren't the same, these aren't hand wound, but maybe the spec is the same otherwise? 
    Sounds great though, not very hot but growly and quite middy is how i would describe them - Sorry i'm a bit shit at describing sounds lol. 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7076
    been mooching at these myself, good choice
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    nick79 said:
    Thanks. As far as i know they aren't the same, these aren't hand wound, but maybe the spec is the same otherwise? 
    Sounds great though, not very hot but growly and quite middy is how i would describe them - Sorry i'm a bit shit at describing sounds lol. 
    If they’re 50/51 tele pickups, they’re all handwound.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2020
    That's interesting. They certainly sound good. 
    On another note, the strap that comes with it is as stiff as a board - Its real leather, is there anything i can use to soften it up? Was thinking some kind of leather conditioner, but unsure if that's a good idea considering the nitro finish on the guitar. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2260
    hello again from tdpri @nick79. :)

Those pickups are a new and exclusive CS hand wind for the 70th anniversary Broadcaster.  According to Fender. 

Welcome to the club. I love mine. 

R
    Hi mate. Glad you're enjoying yours, i cant put mine down. Its very inspiring to play. 
  • RedFalconRedFalcon Frets: 171
    Man, that blonde finish with the grain peaking through. what does anyone want. HNGD
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2797
    RedFalcon said:
    Man, that blonde finish with the grain peaking through. what does anyone want. HNGD
    Yep, I agree, I really like the way the body looks.  I have to confess I didn't know anything about these, I'd seen the CS ones and locked myself away in a dark room while @chris78 was selling his.  What's the deal, are they Mexican or American etc?
    They are made in the usa, same spec as the Custom Shop ones (nitro finish, same pickups, hardware etc). The difference is the custom shop ones have a 2 piece ash 'select' body (So im guessing that just means they use a nicer one) and the different levels of relicing. The custom shop one also comes with the original blended wiring, and another control plate with modern wiring. There may be more differences, i don't know. They are basically the same though. 

This one comes wired modern, with a resistor and a wiring diagram should you wish to change it. Its wired with cloth covered wire and cts pots  

The grain on mine is awesome, and its a perfect weight for me at 6.7 pounds. 

If you're interested i can stick some pics up. 
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2797
    Would love to see more pics.  I think with the strap it's a question of using it....a lot, before it softens up a bit.
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1088
    Beautiful, congratulations 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Looks fantastic!
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    nick79 said:
    They are made in the usa, same spec as the Custom Shop ones (nitro finish, same pickups, hardware etc). The difference is the custom shop ones have a 2 piece ash 'select' body (So im guessing that just means they use a nicer one) and the different levels of relicing. The custom shop one also comes with the original blended wiring, and another control plate with modern wiring. There may be more differences, i don't know. They are basically the same though. 

This one comes wired modern, with a resistor and a wiring diagram should you wish to change it. Its wired with cloth covered wire and cts pots  

The grain on mine is awesome, and its a perfect weight for me at 6.7 pounds. 

If you're interested i can stick some pics up. 
    The CS version has a compound radius too - the USA model has a more historically accurate consistent 7.25”. 
  • chotu495chotu495 Frets: 356
    That is lovely  :)
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    Gorgeous. Want. Happy NGD.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3489
    nick79 said:
    Had this arrive today, and its a beauty, and one hell of an upgrade over my Classic Vibe (although to be fair they are very very good!
    CV to Custom Shop.

You my good sir, are an inspiration to the forum.