What's Hot
2»

Comments

• cheers everyone - decided to get one of those peach Om 18 models
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JontommyJontommy Frets: 2
    cheers everyone - decided to get one of those peach Om 18 models
    Enjoy. No doubt it’ll be lovely. 
    In a few months with a bit of man maths you should be able to add a dread to your collection as well
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    cheers everyone - decided to get one of those peach Om 18 models
    Hope it suits you @sunshinewelly, let us know how it goes. Been playing mine daily.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Coda have a used 0-18 if anyone is interested. Decent price, very well balanced are these
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12362
    Great guitars the OM18, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do.  ;) Just restrung mine with Martin Retro 12’s, they sound really nice. 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5019
    Andy79 said:
    Coda have a used 0-18 if anyone is interested. Decent price, very well balanced are these
    I’ve been ogling that one every day since it was listed. I finally caved in today!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1577
    Andy79 said:
    I’ve been ogling that one every day since it was listed. I finally caved in today!
    Me too but I didn’t push the button. Kinda wish I had now. Enjoy! 
    The search continues....
  • Here's something a bit left field...The Martin Grand Performance is amazing. I have a GPC35E and love it. It blends the best of the OM and the dred
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Andy79 said:
    Wise choice. That’s going to be a Great guitar. These 0 size Martins are special 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5019
    edited June 2020
    Gandalph said:
    Andy79 said:
    Me too but I didn’t push the button. Kinda wish I had now. Enjoy! 
    The search continues....
    Andy79 said: Wise choice. That’s going to be a Great guitar. These 0 size Martins are special 
    Thanks guys. I do hope you’re right!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • just wanted to update this thread and clarifying some of the queries others may have after reading some of my other comments. Overall i am very happy with the OM18 i had from peach. The unplugged sound is simply sublime. However the baggs system is also so much better than both the system i have in my taylor gs mini koa and the fishman set up in my prs acoustic. . The baggs sounds breathtaking even through my set up (axe fx 2 and monitors)

the martin is very easy to play and it makes playing guitar pleasurable again. that said there are some tiny flaws in the finish which i would not expect to see in an expensive guitar, to put it in comparison my Chinese made PRS AE50 which cost £500 is immaculate something i would not describe the martin as. however the martin does sound better than the prs
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12362
    just wanted to update this thread and clarifying some of the queries others may have after reading some of my other comments. Overall i am very happy with the OM18 i had from peach. The unplugged sound is simply sublime. However the baggs system is also so much better than both the system i have in my taylor gs mini koa and the fishman set up in my prs acoustic. . The baggs sounds breathtaking even through my set up (axe fx 2 and monitors)

the martin is very easy to play and it makes playing guitar pleasurable again. that said there are some tiny flaws in the finish which i would not expect to see in an expensive guitar, to put it in comparison my Chinese made PRS AE50 which cost £500 is immaculate something i would not describe the martin as. however the martin does sound better than the prs
    I think you got unlucky, mine is faultless as far as I can see. But then I know from conversations with @danishbacon that he originally had one from Peach that had a couple of issues too and he returned it for another one. Seems there are a couple of Friday afternoon guitars floating about.  Not reassuring when you think these are getting on for £3k at full retail. 
    boogieman said:
    just wanted to update this thread and clarifying some of the queries others may have after reading some of my other comments. Overall i am very happy with the OM18 i had from peach. The unplugged sound is simply sublime. However the baggs system is also so much better than both the system i have in my taylor gs mini koa and the fishman set up in my prs acoustic. . The baggs sounds breathtaking even through my set up (axe fx 2 and monitors)

I think you got unlucky, mine is faultless as far as I can see. But then I know from conversations with @danishbacon that he originally had one from Peach that had a couple of issues too and he returned it for another one. Seems there are a couple of Friday afternoon guitars floating about.  Not reassuring when you think these are getting on for £3k at full retail. 
    That's right. The first one came in an battered cardboard box. There was some glue showing through around the lower heel and a buzz coming from bridge/tailblock area so I was concerned that the guitar had been tossed about needlessly. The replacement came without issue (well there was a dash of polishing compound in one point) but the top, back and sides are fautless and so is the neck. The fretwork excellent and the neck joint spot on. Like @sunshinewelly I have found the guitar an absolute joy to play. The way I look at it, decent 000-18s go for around £1500 used without electrics, sometimes with. An LR Baggs anthem set installed is around £300. Add a small premium for a 'new' guitar and the value does seem to be there. I agree in that I do not expect blemishes on a guitar of this price but they do go through quite a few builds a day and like gibson, even on £4k instruments they do let a couple of things slip through, I think it's the nature of a factory build. I don't know how the factories in China/Korea churn out 'flawless' instruments.

The price-tag shock has now worn off for me. I've already worn the neck finish in by the amount I'm playing it and it's starting to feel like mine. I hope that you are both enjoying yours and @sunshinewelly if you're not, you're still within your 14 day return period :)
  • sunshinewellysunshinewelly Frets: 731
    edited June 2020
    the box mine came in was also battered but not sure if that was due to the delivery guys etc. will have a think about things over the weekend. was you getting a buzz on open strings ?
    the box mine came in was also battered but not sure if that was due to the delivery guys etc. will have a think about things over the weekend. was you getting a buzz on open strings ?
    Only when playing the G note on 6 string, 3rd fret, palm muting with my thumb. As I play palm muted and fingerstyle it's something that wasn't acceptable.
  • birtnerbirtner Frets: 65
    I’ve had a D18 for 2 years (not reimagined). It’s a brilliant guitar that i plumped for after having a Taylor 414 at home for a few weeks and I’m never getting rid of it. I now want a 414 as the playability was unreal and so different from the Martin and also a parlour size guitar (maybe a Martin but would be good to try something else). I think the point is the acoustic rabbit hole is a real thing so why stop at one?