New solo guitar EP; shoegaze/post-rock/ambient - FFO: lots of reverb

LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
edited June 2020 in Plug My Stuff
Hi folks, I recorded this last month. It's a series of 5 tracks inspired by my father's illness and passing over the last year, so some pretty sad, quiet stuff. Some of you will probably enjoy it, especially if you like shoegaze/ambient/post-rock type stuff, this is all just done with one guitar into delay/reverb amp, one track with baritone too. 

If you enjoy it and are feeling generous, chuck us a few euros and download it. 

https://benlubin.bandcamp.com/releases 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sounds excellent, a nice tribute to your father.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    edited June 2020
    Thanks very much for listening. 
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 714
    edited June 2020
    Sounds really good. Moving stuff. Sorry for your loss Loobs. Will have a proper listen tomorrow through the monitors. 

Ok to ask what your setup is? Lovely tone. 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    This is lovely, Ben. Really beautiful, simple, emotive music with really great melodies. A fitting tribute. Would love to hear more of your stuff with tones and melodies like that. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    Love this. One instrument and sounds "big". More please!
    edited June 2020
    Thanks, guys for listening and the kind words. Got another solo thing coming, but it's more avantgarde and improvised, more in the vein of Bill Orcutt's newer stuff.

The setup for that was my Jazzmaster w. Fralin overwound pickups into an Ibanez DE7/Strymon Flint into two amps, a Fender Hot Rod Deville IV and aBa combo, neither belong to me. The baritone track was a Squier Antigua Jazzmaster Baritone w. P90s.

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Sounds lovely. If you haven't already, check out The Pedal Zone on YouTube. Think you'll love his playing and sounds.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Thanks for listning, I think I might already be familiar with that channel, but will check it out again. 
  • jacklawteyjacklawtey Frets: 284
    Beautiful!