Collaboration challenge - Chinese whispers innit....

What's Hot

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    Bezzer said:
    spark240 said:
    oh chorus is catchy as hell on @Bezzer 's one! I think I might have over egged mine :)
    You dont make it easy do ya ;-).....
    c# is a totally legitimate key!

He he ... we're both dicks clearly, I went for F# (mainly) :-)
    F#m isn't bad because it's a like playing in A major and allows a few open strings.
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    poopot said:
    okay...

@stratman3142 and @digitalkettle are on @bezzer's track.

Done. Sent a download link via PM as it's a big file size. Or would you prefer an email with the link?

It's not a competition.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    edited June 2020
    ok... @Bezzer @stratman3142 and @digitalkettle are in the list.

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/collaboration-challenge

if anyone wants to add keys, vocs, banjo etc stake a claim to the track and download it here:

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/collab-bezzer-stratman3142-digitalkettle
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    edited June 2020
    @stratman3142 and @Digitalkettle that was great! Really nice!  And so completely different to anything I would have done (which is the point I s'pose init ha ha.  Lovely!
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Blimey ....the competitions hotting up ;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Bezzer said:
    @stratman3142 and @Digitalkettle that was great! Really nice!  And so completely different to anything I would have done (which is the point I s'pose init ha ha.  Lovely!
    @digitalkettle did the clever stuff. I just played some chords.
    It's not a competition.
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3243
    Bezzer said:
    @digitalkettle did the clever stuff. I just played some chords.
    Aw shucks...needed your stuff to get me started ;)

Must be time for some twiddly bits next!
  • That's awesome, guys, really catchy. The only observation I'd make is that it ends really suddenly, and out of character with the rest of the piece - I'd have preferred it to have had a more clear ending, with everything resolving round a final strummed chord, or something like that, whereas this feels more like you've run out of spa...
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    That's awesome, guys, really catchy. The only observation I'd make is that it ends really suddenly, and out of character with the rest of the piece - I'd have preferred it to have had a more clear ending, with everything resolving round a final strummed chord, or something like that, whereas this feels more like you've run out of spa...
    Fade out when it’s finished innit!
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited June 2020
    Fair enough, that's me tellt then 
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    That's awesome, guys, really catchy. The only observation I'd make is that it ends really suddenly, and out of character with the rest of the piece - I'd have preferred it to have had a more clear ending, with everything resolving round a final strummed chord, or something like that, whereas this feels more like you've run out of spa...
    I found that too so there's a final beat 1 on my bass track so it jsut sounds like the drummer's forgotten 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    I found that too so there's a final beat 1 on my bass track so it jsut sounds like the drummer's forgotten 
    Typical drummer :)
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    Yeah I thought that was more reaslitic
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    poopot said:
    Typical drummer :)

For ultra realism there should be extensive guitar noodling continuing long after the song has finished and the rest of the band are trying to talk
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3243
    How are these tracks getting on?
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    Gone quiet hasn’t it? I can try and put some vocals to ours if someone is good with lyrics, because I’m bloody not! 
    Bezzer said:
    Gone quiet hasn’t it? I can try and put some vocals to ours if someone is good with lyrics, because I’m bloody not! 
    It would be good to see it through. IIRC isn't @Emp_Fab good with words. He came up with some words for a Sealand composition challenge way back.

It's not a competition.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Sorry guys....work just got super busy !...I’ll take a look over the weekend,

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Any news?
    It's not a competition.
    Seems to have run out of steam.

I did have a crack over the top of @PolarityMan’s bass line, I can upload that if there’s interest?