NSD - Neutron

So I bought (another) quarantine present, a Behringer Neutron, which was supposed to be the brain to my eurorack set up.

First up it sounds great, and I love the layout and the functionality, it's cool to get both a delay and an overdrive in one package. It only took a couple of minutes with my SQ1 to get something pretty cool going. It just sounds great and with so many vco shapes you're spoilt for choice.

Now for the bad news, it clicks with the midi in, even with VCA bias down and output down.
The delay and overdrive are always on and in line so you have to take the VCA out as your main out if you want a clear signal (not too much of a problem with the overdrive, but the delay defo adds a bit of something).

So in conclusion, it's going back, but I'm still in the market for a eurorackable semi modular synth, if anyone has any suggestions?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Thanks for this post guv, I was looking at buying one and doing a bit of research, sounds like a hard pass!

Bye!

• @WiresDreamDisasters I can't get the sound of it out of my head, but I'd want to try one in person before buying it again. Ideally I just want the oscillators in a eurorack module.