[Article] The best acoustic guitar for beginners

What's Hot
Hi all,

I wrote an article a while ago that focuses on the best acoustic guitars for beginners.

The article is now live and can be accessed on the link below.

If you want to learn acoustic guitar and are not sure where to start, this article may be a good starting point for you. It may even help you to decide on your first acoustic guitar!

Let me know if you found the article useful. Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    The guitars you recommend are dependable options, but there is better value out there.  You can get an all solid wood Furch for around the same price as that Martin, which will be a far better guitar.

Not sure about the advice to get a dreadnought either.  There is nothing wrong with a dreadnought, but something a bit smaller will be a lot more comfortable for most to play.

For young kids, I wonder if nylon strings are better.  Steel strings cut into their fingers and put them off.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8599
    edited June 2020
    I can't really see the point of electronics on a first guitar. They can be added later if required.

Most important is set up, whether it's a Martin or an Eastcoast. Have an experienced player check it over to ensure action, relief, nut,frets, etc make for easy playability. 
  • Wilson94Wilson94 Frets: 44
    All of the recommendations are subjective and based on my own personal experience. I can't agree or disagree with either of your opinions as they are arguably both as valid as mine :) I still stand by the Eastcoast guitar as one of the best options due to price and quality. Thanks for checking it out!
  • brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 362
    Copy editor checking in... Typo alert! You've got 'compliments' instead of 'complements' in the steel-string section. 
    Copy editor checking in... Typo alert! You've got 'compliments' instead of 'complements' in the steel-string section. 
    Ah I see. That one must have slipped through somehow, thanks for the update.
  • I assume the majority of those starting out will find a 000 size to be more comfortable than a dreadnought. Also whilst I agree with the bass response a long scale OM model will compete with a dreadnought more or less as far as loudness is concerned

Nice article though and I enjoyed it 
    I assume the majority of those starting out will find a 000 size to be more comfortable than a dreadnought. Also whilst I agree with the bass response a long scale OM model will compete with a dreadnought more or less as far as loudness is concerned

Nice article though and I enjoyed it 
    Thanks for reading mate! Appreciate it!