A 'simple' intro that eludes me..

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4978
.. quite annoying and frustrating.  It is the intro to the Garth Brooks song 'If tomorrow never comes', it is instantly recognisable and thus essential that I get it right.  And it is played at various times in the song.  About three or four seconds long, despite many loops using Audicity and looking at videos showing how it is played, it eludes me most of the time.  The odd time I get it absolutely spot on but cannot repeat it.  As I said frustrating......

Am I the only one here who has this problem?  Anyone suggest what I should do to get it down.  Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Play the Ronan keating version... straight into the vocals with no intro. Sorted... ;)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    https://youtu.be/i8c7TLuTwD8

I haven’t watched this but in theory that’s the right thing. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    I think I figured out what I am doing wrong.  The opening open G chord, I always played it fretting the B string at the third fret (it then becomes a D note, the B note in the chord is played by fretting the A string at the second fret).  If I leave that B string unfretted, the lick sounds right or more right than my efforts to date.  The strings on my acoustic guitar are in need of replacement - a task for later this week.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum