SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: B&G Little Sister Private Build

What's Hot

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    edited June 2020
    And cake. I don't mind a journey either. Especially for cake.   
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2020
    ES-165 now sold to a forum member.

TVJ and Little Sister still here - lots of interest in the TVJ and some interesting (but not quite there) trades on the Little Sister, which I'm wavering about, having committed the cardinal sin of playing the bloody thing again.
    Call me Dave.
    Few more pics of the TV Jones....

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2020
    TV Jones sold to a forum member with impeccable taste!

Just the Little Sister left - I'm wavering with this one, but trying to be brave. A couple more pics - one of the back and one of the COA.

Call me Dave.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    DB1 said:
    I need an 'unlike' option for that....  :s

But congrats on the sale!
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8792
    edited June 2020
    Whoever bought the TV Jones, I would KILL for one of those stickers to adorn my Turner Prize entrant Les Paul case...  Especially as it's my surname :D 

Congrats on the sale and purchase ;)

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7845
    DB1 said:
    Thank god the temptation has been removed!!
    had to keep way from this thread!!
    It's a lovely thing, to be fair, and I think that it's at a very good price. I've gone a bit daft(er) since lockdown and bought too many things and now my wife is giving me thoughtful looks. Thoughtful as in 'shall I have him sectioned?'

The Little Sister is another one that's a bit tough to part with, but I'll give it a couple more days. There, that's a good compromise.
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    edited June 2020
    Congrats on the sales @db1. The remaining one looks like a nice bit of wood to be honest
    Thanks Fred - they are both great guitars, and I try and price them so that they can be sold on if necessary at no loss to the buyer.

The Little Sister is edging closer to being kept. It's only the need to recoup some cash that's keeping it here for another couple of days.
    Call me Dave.
    A hesitant bump. I'm on a path to shed some guitars, put a few quid back in the pot and concentrate on actually learning to play something, so, go on then, a bump. I've taken it off eBay - while the p/ex offers of sausages, a Morris Marina (1.3, brown) a crutch  and someone's actual little sister were interesting, I managed to resist.

On the other hand, I've been glancing idly at CS Teles, Strats, 335's, ES-275's, an ES-446, all manner of silly things, so if anyone's got anything interesting, let me know. And yes, I know that doesn't lessen the number of guitars in the house, but I'm a shambles of a man.

Call me Dave.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9526
    DB1 said:
    A hesitant bump. I'm on a path to shed some guitars, put a few quid back in the pot and concentrate on actually learning to play something, so, go on then, a bump. I've taken it off eBay - while the p/ex offers of sausages, a Morris Marina (1.3, brown) a crutch  and someone's actual little sister were interesting, I managed to resist.

On the other hand, I've been glancing idly at CS Teles, Strats, 335's, ES-275's, an ES-446, all manner of silly things, so if anyone's got anything interesting, let me know. And yes, I know that doesn't lessen the number of guitars in the house, but I'm a shambles of a man.

I'd have took the brown Marina mate...
    I had one in 1983 and I only finished the counselling last year.
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dallcorpdallcorp Frets: 139
    Marina Brown is a vey rare custom colour in the Fender paint shop!
    I'm glad I mentioned it now. =)
    Call me Dave.
  • dallcorpdallcorp Frets: 139
    On a slightly less silly note.........I have to say I'm astonished by that Little Sister Crossroads that I bought off Wazmeister but I think used to be yours DB1?..........If the Private Build is better than that then it must be a very very nice thing indeed!
    edited July 2020
    Yes, a superb guitar, that particular Crossroads. I think the neck is slightly slimmer than others that I've tried, and it feels friendly. Really nice. Like most things, the Private Build v the Crossroads is the old thing about diminishing returns, and while the Private Build is a step up from other Crossroads that I've played or owned, it's not a step up that's accurately reflected in a new price of about four times the cost. These things never are.

That one of yours is spectacular though, and I would have had that back!

Actually, there are a couple of guitars that I've sold that I'd have back any time, and that's one of them.
    Call me Dave.
    Ah, go on then. A little bump.
    Call me Dave.
  • richhrichh Frets: 450
    I'm surprised the Little Sister Private Build hasn't sold yet, looks like a good deal for somebody!
    Thanks Rich, I'm not pushing it too much, as I'm not convinced that I want it gone. I'm 'trying' to be sensible though. A losing battle, obviously.
    Call me Dave.