SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Dave King "classical" Englemann/ Flamed Cuban Mahogany (added pics)

What's Hot
PakhanPakhan Frets: 13
edited June 2020 in Acoustics £

For your consideration: A Dave King "classical" model Englemann/ Flamed Cuban Mahogany. Pearl Trim. Calton Case. USD$5,000 (easier due to currency fluctuations- around 4200 sterling)

If you've not heard of Dave King, you really should try one out- he builds a small but deep bodied guitar with a very stiff neck. This achieves a fantastic tonal envelope which has been appreciated by players such as Eric Bibb. Eric described his as having an "angelic sound that is beguiling'.

I totally agree; this guitar the trebles are thick and syrupy without losing any definition and the bass thumps very nicely indeed.

And it not only sounds great but looks great too; a very rare, deeply and tightly flamed set of Cuban Mahogany is almost an impossibility to find again and it is paired with a fine Englemann top bordered by Abalone and a flamed European Maple neck. A Calton case adds to the value of the instrument. Ordered new, this guitar would cost thousands more. In great condition with minor play wear.

Live demos are available- please message us for arrangements. I am now based in Singapore but have any references from when I was based in London and am very experienced with shipping and will have private insurance cover when shipping for added ease of mind.Trades welcome. Full pic set is here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/MpdDeQWsGQQQ8Q2i9 but check out that Mahogany!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PakhanPakhan Frets: 13
    No interest in this beauty guys?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think the problem is that you are in Singapore, thus is the sort of guitar that requires playing before buying.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I do agree- although that is one of the things that is beyond my control!
  • I have played a Dave King small bodied guitar and it was ver good indeed. Have you tried advertising it in Japan?
    I have played a Dave King small bodied guitar and it was ver good indeed. Have you tried advertising it in Japan?
    Not yet- need to figure that one out to be honest.