NAD - Laney L20H

What's Hot
BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
I've been playing the amp game for a while and not finding the one, mostly because I have champagne taste and lemonade money! The Lionheart had been on my hit list for a good while but they seldom come up used and new they are out of budget, that was until I spotted this one on Reverb and the very nice owner accepted my (slightly cheeky) offer.

It sounds exactly as i'd hoped, crystal clean if you want it and plenty enough crunchy old fashioned rocker gain if you don't. The spring reverb is also a nice touch. What with buying this and a vintage Tele over lockdown I'd better lock myself in a dark room to avoid any further GAS!...... I'll just check the classifieds before I go!  ;)
0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2340
    Proper tidy lockdown GAS that!  Lovely looking and sounding rig, enjoy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    I looooove my L20H, great buy!
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    edited June 2020
    They take pedals extremely well too! HNAD
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18633
    Very nice setup too, enjoy :+1: 
  • Revolting1Revolting1 Frets: 295
    Good looking find.

Any hiss or hum?
    When logic and proportion
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1595
    I used one of these gigging (well a combo) for 6 years as my only amp and other than fuses I had no issues (though that could have indicated a problem in its self I’m sure @ICBM would tell me). Fantastic sounding amp. 

I used one exclusively on a piece I have done in the last year or so. For the money, I genuinely think it’s the best amp you can get. Congratulations, play the hell out of it.

For the record an early OCD pedal was all the drive I used and to my ears it sounded great. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    Good looking find.

Any hiss or hum?
    I've only used it at home, not cranked it yet but so far so good.
  • Revolting1Revolting1 Frets: 295
    Ace    great find.

Happy for you :)
    When logic and proportion
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    Always fancied one of those and they look ace too. Enjoy! What model/year is that tele? Never see too many with the 6 saddles like that
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    edited July 2020
    Wrong post :( 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    Always fancied one of those and they look ace too. Enjoy! What model/year is that tele? Never see too many with the 6 saddles like that
    It's a US 1978. When I first got it I thought it was a mod because others had the 3 saddle but it seems a bit hit n miss, all the sunburst guitars actually seem to have them? Good ole CBS!
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    It's a US 1978. When I first got it I thought it was a mod because others had the 3 saddle but it seems a bit hit n miss, all the sunburst guitars actually seem to have them? Good ole CBS!
    I have had a Tele before but am rather OCD about intonation and so had to change the saddles from 3 to six. Those ones on yours look good. Do you have any intonation issues ever, particularly when using capo?
    edited July 2020
    @lincolnblue ; To be honest I only bought it in May and it was a mess so has spent more time with my tech guy than me! I don't think I've put a capo on it as yet but i'll have a fiddle tonight for you.
    @lincolnblue the intonation is out a little bit it’s not made any worse with a capo.

shaunm said:
    I used one of these gigging (well a combo) for 6 years as my only amp and other than fuses I had no issues (though that could have indicated a problem in its self I’m sure @ICBM would tell me). Fantastic sounding amp. 

I used one exclusively on a piece I have done in the last year or so. For the money, I genuinely think it’s the best amp you can get. Congratulations, play the hell out of it.

For the record an early OCD pedal was all the drive I used and to my ears it sounded great. 
    Just to check I’m not doing anything silly. The 2 button foot switch operates the drive channel but not the reverb, there doesn’t appear to be an isolation switch for the reverb and I’ve checked with a multimeter that’s the switch is working. Probably the jack socket at fault but is there anything else you can think of?
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Great amps, very underrated 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1922
    That Tele looks great. The bursting on it just looks the business. That's how they should look. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    edited July 2020
    The footswitch should have a stereo plug. The tip is channel and ring is reverb. The footswitch is a reverb defeat i.e. if you plug in a mono plug the reverb doesn't function. Does the reverb work without the footswitch plugged in?
    @normula1 yeah it works just fine, and continues to function with it plugged in. My worry is that the jack socket tip is damaged so it doesn’t know when the plugs inserted. 
    I had a similar issue with a katana head I bought.
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    If you've got a spare (mono) lead / patch cable, plug that into the footswitch socket and the reverb should turn off
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom