Belated NGD: Santa Cruz Orchestra Model

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884
    edited July 2020
    I have wanted a SC for years, probably a larger 12 fret one, but never seem to have allocated guitar funds when a used one appears on sale

Is it amazingly light? I think they are the lightest acoustics I have tried, there must be some witchcraft involved to make them so light
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2694
    pjf said:
    Think I saw this over on AGF? Happy NGD, looks really nice that one. And @mgaw your one as well. Think my next guitar will have to be an OM or 000, very versatile instruments. Great choice Danish
    Yeah was on AGF :) @pjf ;

Is it amazingly light? I think they are the lightest acoustics I have tried, there must be some witchcraft involved to make them so light
    It is quite light @ToneControl, I've had a lighter Martin, but I think the art here is their use of dense woods but at very thin depths so you end up with what would might have otherwise been a 'heavy' guitar that feels very light and 'snappy' (in terms of physical feeling). The whole thing is in harmony and tension with itself if that makes sense.

• that is very very nice indeed
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    every Santa Cruz I've played has been outstanding - as you'd expect with the price tag.

I played an OM28 style model and was blown away, the only thing that stopped me swapping my Martin for one was the one I played looked visually bland (not bad, just 'dull' and others I'd seen where nicer, but not available to buy and for that price you want it to be inspiring to play and inspiring to look at, If I could find the OM28 model with the visual appeal (and they do exist I've seen them) I'd buy it tomorrow, they are outstanding and I assume it's only the price and UK availability that stops them being talked about more often with gushing praise.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sunshinewellysunshinewelly Frets: 731
    edited July 2020
    I quite like a plain aucostic 
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2191
    I had my hands on one of the 1929 00s in flamed mahogany, and could have bought for a non ridiculous price but passed.  

Still regret that   :/
    Fishboy7 said:
    I had my hands on one of the 1929 00s in flamed mahogany, and could have bought for a non ridiculous price but passed.  

Still regret that   :/
    I've never played a mahogany SC, really keen to.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12349
    Cor, that’s lovely Fred, very nice buy. The figuring on the top is beautiful. 
    boogieman said:
    Cor, that’s lovely Fred, very nice buy. The figuring on the top is beautiful. 
    Cheers Larry, it is a bit special, but they seem to have a habit of selecting some fine grained woods. Check this one out. Never thought I'd say this but I wish I had U$12k to spend on a guitar.
  • woodywoody Frets: 74
    I have an om grand myself in redwood and blackwood.possibly the nicest guitar I've ever owned.Id throw up a few pics but I'm utterly lost when it comes to putting up pics here. Not having a laptop probably doesnt help.
    edited July 2020
    Here’s @woody ‘s OM Grand!

5-C8-F0-F82-913-E-4-F9-B-A1-C8-7-D0916268-F74 3-ACEC57-E-9728-4-E3-F-975-F-47-A92042-AF8-A33458-DD2-6-DAB-466-D-B0-C4-23-CD0-FE7-D7-CD 4-D5-BFAAC-3655-43-B8-8-D7-D-CE29-ABA4-FE66 7-C904-A82-6-B39-43-E0-B618-21-DDD19-F1-EFD
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom