SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

[Withdraw] GSPBasses parts home made strat

What's Hot
lysanderlysander Frets: 574
edited October 2020 in Guitars £
Alright, you may remember my thread about this guitar back from october.
https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/165639/ngd-my-perfect-strat

Unfortunately I've now come to the conclusion I just don't like strat ergonomics anymore : the volume pot position really annoys me  and body feels a bit 'wrong' and I'm just much more at home with more modern takes on the concept ( a la Ibanez and Charvel DK24 ).
The guitar plays and sounds great but is a little bit personal so I will list a few things that worth mentioning, or are not typical, or small issues :

-43mm nut
- medium jumbo frets
-12 inch radius
- Modern C ( but fairly chunky ) neck profile
- Fender hot noiseless pickups: they're actually not hot at all but are indeed very low noise.
IMO they sound great - slightly more hifi than traditional pickups, but together with the PTB wiring there is a lot of tone shaping available
- PTB wiring : one volume, one treble cut, one bass cut. Goes really well with the pickups IMO
- The PTB wiring requires some unconventional pots that I couldn't find with spline shaft, as a result I had to enlarge the inside of the knobs and use PTFE tape inside to friction fit them. It works well but a bit fiddly to put back if you remove them
- Truss rod adjust is at the heel and requires taking the neck off. But because the neck is 3 piece I've only had to do it twice since I built it.
- The finish is not perfect - the blue is a bit scuffed off in a couple of places, and there is a small indent on the back of the left horn. However it does nicely show the grain.

Not for sale any more
Preferably picked up in SE23 but I will now post at buyer's cost.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    Couple more close ups, happy to show more if requested:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Tuesday bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump and price drop 
    Bump and price drop again, total bargain at this price  
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5654
    I believe no one has even commented to say what a fabulous guitar it looks. Alas, that’s also all I can do. 

Hope someone grabs this from you soon. 
    Thanks man.
    Bumping this, I will now post it.
  • bump
    surely someone needs a great strat