Does anybody here make guitar bodies?

What's Hot
mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
edited July 2020 in Making & Modding
I don't have the tools or place to make a body that I'm after for my next project and Guitar Build aren't able to build something I have enquired about, can anyone help?
Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    There are various people here - but it’d probably help them (and save time) if you outlined what it was you’re after!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
    edited July 2020
    That’s fair...

Flying V right handed body.
    Neck routed to fit 56mm telecaster neck at fender tele scale (bolt on obviously).
    single bridge filtertron route.
    Drilled for a stoptail bridge.
    telecaster cavity rear route.

Ideally 2 piece alder

Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    @GSPBASSES  has been known to make the occasional Flying V, so might be worth asking if he can incorporate your other spec requirements into a blank body ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    mrn1989 said:
    That’s fair...

Neck routed to fit 56mm telecaster neck at fender tele scale (bolt on obviously).

Ideally 2 piece alder

I can’t build you one but from the description I now want one
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4067
    DrBob said:
    mrn1989 said:
    That’s fair...

Ideally 2 piece alder

I can’t build you one but from the description I now want one
    Check out RS Guitarworks in the states, I think they (used to) build something similar-ish
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2335
    tFB Trader

There are some issues when trying to fit a Fender neck onto a Flying V or any Gipson body. Gibson necks continue into the body after the last fret, at least by the width of a pickup or more (SG). Look at the photo below a SG standard with 22 frets, if that was a Fender neck it would not be supported ether side by the neck pocket. There are 3 solutions to this, 1 the neck could be further into the body, although this would make access to the upper frets difficult. 2 you could extend the body outwards to support the neck either side, like a Les Paul junior single cut that has a small amount of wood running up the side of the neck to the end of the neck pocket. 3 have a standard Flying V neck but with a telecaster headstock and 25.5inch scale.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
    GSPBASSES said:

There are some issues when trying to fit a Fender neck onto a Flying V or any Gipson body. Gibson necks continue into the body after the last fret, at least by the width of a pickup or more (SG). Look at the photo below a SG standard with 22 frets, if that was a Fender neck it would not be supported ether side by the neck pocket. There are 3 solutions to this, 1 the neck could be further into the body, although this would make access to the upper frets difficult. 2 you could extend the body outwards to support the neck either side, like a Les Paul junior single cut that has a small amount of wood running up the side of the neck to the end of the neck pocket. 3 have a standard Flying V neck but with a telecaster headstock and 25.5inch scale.

True, back to the drawing board, I think I'll just build a carbonate for the minute to scratch my Filtertron itch