PSA: Free AmpliTube Metal for IK Multimedia subscribers

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but Amplitube Metal is free until 15th July for subscribers to IK Multimedia email newsletter. It's been years since I last used Amplitube and haven't tried it yet so it could be complete tosh.

Free versions of a sampler, synth and DAW fx also in bundle (probably standard for subscribers).
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    I was thinking of trying it out, until I remembered that last time I installed one of IK's compressor it seemed to install everything they make, but not authorised.  Which meant my DAW VST's list was full of of stuff I couldn't use!  Kind of in the same was that Norton anti virus is a virus all of it's own, or AOL used to be years ago.
    Shame really, as it seems like it'd be worth a try otherwise.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7284
    Its a bit dated now but some good sounds in there
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Wonky said:
    I was thinking of trying it out, until I remembered that last time I installed one of IK's compressor it seemed to install everything they make, but not authorised.  Which meant my DAW VST's list was full of of stuff I couldn't use!  Kind of in the same was that Norton anti virus is a virus all of it's own, or AOL used to be years ago.

You can set the search to only the amps and effects you have.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    Fretwired said:
    Wonky said:

You can set the search to only the amps and effects you have.
    Interesting, but I don't think you're correct. 
    There's so many people who complain about the IK stuff on so many recording forums all over the world and even arguments from IK staff in support of their 'Marketing Strategy', that I believe the struggle is real.  I think maybe it depends on the DAW you use and many don't give you the ability to chose or shut out such back door marketing tom foolery.
    Not to say IK's stuff isn't great to use mind, it is, but it'd be a lot better if they sorted this massive issue out as it effect many, many people.  I've got T-rackS, which is great indeed, but my VST list in Samplitude is so messy because of it.  I dare not add anything else IK to my armory for fear of getting bogged down in shit I actually don't have!
    I'm not keen on Amplitude anyway for the same reason.  Just lists of things you apparently don't have instead of the stuff you do and then you're left guessing or else disappointed by it. 
    I'm gonna take a stab at it and guess you'll have to download some version of the latest Amplitude to get this free metal amp, maybe with all the other stuff blanked out or in trial form until you cough up.  All this stuff clogs up your computer and for what, some wired ass marketing strategy that I'm fairly sure does more to piss people off than sell stuff.
    But hey ho, just my opinion.  The virus is real for me
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    I got it but it was a bit of a faff as I ended up updating a load of stuff. My only real complaint was that I also downloaded sample tank but couldn't get it to work. I ended up uninstalling sample tank. The extra amps and pedals are great though.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    I must actually give it a go after making the original post.

I've been using the Captor during Lockdown (I used Behringer GDI previously), and haven't used a VST amp for recording, ever.