DOD 250?

shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
I was messing around with my Line6 M5 the other night and found that I really liked the 'overdrive' model which is supposed to be a model of a DOD 250, which I know next to nothing about...

Does anyone know much about these?  
I know that they were recently reissued, are these any good?  
Are there any other pedals that are clones/based on them I might want to have a look at?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1205
    I have a US reissue, which is a 90s one, i think. Then came Chinese made reissues and now these re-reissues(?) from Digitech.
    Before all that, there were the original 70s/80s yellow and also grey versions. Of course parts have varied over time.
    I quite like mine. Like a lot of ODs these days, i like the output up high with the gain low (between 7-12 o'clock). The MXR Distortion + is a similar circuit and there seem to be a few boutique versions based on the 250.
  • I think EQD's White Light is partially based off the DOD250.
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    edited June 2014
    I had one for a bit. It was good. As a low gain od or clean boost it was great. Quite a bit of bite added to the tone which would help cut through. Sold it and got an Xotic AC Booster which covers the same territory.

Loads of clones out there but it's worth looking at the build your own ones. I did have the Gearmanndude TimeBombBoost for a while. That was great.