SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: MJW V6-20 Prototype. My Personal Amp.

What's Hot
martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
edited July 2020 in Amps £ tFB Trader
Now that my gigging days are behind me, and I don't even play guitar much, I'm clearing my stuff out.
Reluctant to sell this, as it has a fair bit of sentimental value to me, but it's sat on a shelf getting dusty and in the way, so it need a new home.
Built in early 2007, this is MJW #7 and is the prototype for the V6-20, which is a 20W Marshall JTM/JMP switchable, with a Blues/Rock mode switch. This switches preamp elements to either JTM45 (Blues) mode, or JMP50 (Rock) mode.
It also has a master volume and bright and normal gains as per a Marshall, but only 1 input with the bright/normal gains effective all the time, like a 'jumpered' Marshall.
It has a pair of TAD 6V6 output valves. In the preamp it has an EH 12AY7 in V1, and 2 x Marshall branded Chinese ECC83 in V2 and V3. These have been in for years and sound great. You can put a 12AX7 in V1 for a little more gain, but I like the lower gain 12AY7 better.

This particular amp has an unbuffered effects insert point on the back panel, which is intended for rack effects.
The amp has done hundreds of gigs and rehearsals since 2007 being my mainstay in various bands, usually as a pedal platform, but occasionally just being let rip. It is loud enough for most venues un-mic'd, giving enough headroom for solos with a loudish band. However you can also practise with it, no problem. It's been virtually 100% reliable, barring 1 valve that developed a crackle, and should continue to do so for many years.
Internally, it's no oil painting, having been altered and modified as you'd expect with a prototype.
However it's good and solid, with good quality components, and I was always happy to throw this in the back of the car knowing it wouldn't let me down.
Transformers are Danbury, with an overspec 36W Mains, and a Hammond choke.

As seen here, and check out the V6-20 playlist, all the videos feature it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZI9hnifxXU

Any takers at £350?
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1591
    @martinw are you sure you want to sell this? I mean let’s be right this is a steal at that price
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • vincechu89vincechu89 Frets: 92
    edited July 2020
    shaunm said:
    @martinw are you sure you want to sell this? I mean let’s be right this is a steal at that price
    @martinw price has got to be a typo? I’m tempted but would feel like I’ve robbed you! 

@shaunm wiz given
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1462
    If someone doesn’t but this by Tuesday give me a shout Martin. I love my Roadstar 18 to bits since you stuck a second master on it. I would buy it now but want to give the fretboard folks a chance this time haha.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1190
    I think I used to own a similar one to this. It was the best amp I ever owned. No argument. If you're looking for classic Marshall tone, this would be a bargain at twice the price. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    Well that was quick, sold!

Thanks all. :)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    Man that was a crazy bargain.
  • camfcamf Frets: 1190
    For sure!
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2403
    martinw said:
    Well that was quick, sold!

Thanks all. :)
    It was never gonna hang around at that price. Someone is going to be very happy indeed. 
  • musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 871
    Bah if I’d have seen this I’d have had it.
    Hope all is good up North Martin