We've not had a Mourinho-out thread ...

What's Hot

Comments

• bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    fella needs a chance.. inherited an ageing stale squad..   we we're punching above our weight for a while there, we were given hope, but Poch lost the plot with his press rantings and his team selection in the CL final.

if we are to push on we need to pay cash out like the big boys.. otherwise we will be relying on an average squad to click
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494

MUFC V LUFC.

Now there's a fixture guaranteed to get the heart pumping.

In recent years it appeared, apart from being drawn in the cup, that the fixture would be unlikely again.

Well done to your crew Mark, I'll be first to congratulate a brilliant effort. 

Welcome back. 
    LUFC pretty much f*cked it up last year right at the end and I imagine many of theirs fans/players will definitely won't count their chickens until they have hatched!

Aside from LUFC being a club with heritage, IMO Bielsa needs to be on MOTD. Whatever happens it'll be interesting to see Kalvin Phillips play in the EPL, he could be the answer to England's need for a proper water carrier in the middle of the pitch.

not there yet - will be happier as and when Brentford slip up a few games/points - Might need to hope that Derby beat them and that is not something I ask for very often - Exciting game on Sat against Bournemouth - When Bournemouth went 1 nil up I said 'don't pee off the locals as it will come back to haunt you' - 
    The Bees look superb. I saw a few of their matchs post Covid, and they are really impressive, they are keeping the pressure on the top 2 for sure, and the thing about the Championship is it's near enough impossible to predict fixtures in advance.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    edited July 2020
    Jose Mourinho has picked up more Premier League points than Chelsea FC and Arsenal since becoming Tottenham Hotspur’s manager.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• MUFC V LUFC.

In recent years it appeared, apart from being drawn in the cup, that the fixture would be unlikely again.

Welcome back. 
    LUFC pretty much f*cked it up last year right at the end and I imagine many of theirs fans/players will definitely won't count their chickens until they have hatched!

Aside from LUFC being a club with heritage, IMO Bielsa needs to be on MOTD. Whatever happens it'll be interesting to see Kalvin Phillips play in the EPL, he could be the answer to England's need for a proper water carrier in the middle of the pitch.

not there yet - will be happier as and when Brentford slip up a few games/points - Might need to hope that Derby beat them and that is not something I ask for very often - Exciting game on Sat against Bournemouth - When Bournemouth went 1 nil up I said 'don't pee off the locals as it will come back to haunt you' - 
    The Bees look superb. I saw a few of their matchs post Covid, and they are really impressive, they are keeping the pressure on the top 2 for sure, and the thing about the Championship is it's near enough impossible to predict fixtures in advance.
    All completely fair points.

My water however tells me LUFC are home and hosed, I'll lay both yourself and Mark an even £5 to a charity box of your choice, such is the confidence in my urinary predictive abilities....

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14219
    tFB Trader

MUFC V LUFC.

Welcome back. 

All completely fair points.

My water however tells me LUFC are home and hosed, I'll lay both yourself and Mark an even £5 to a charity box of your choice, such is the confidence in my urinary predictive abilities....

100th anniv for LUFC and last time Liverpool won the title, LUFC got promoted, so maybe the stars are correct aligned ?
  • jackiojackio Frets: 132
    Poch!! Come back Pottttttchhhh. God I felt good when he was at Spurs. Always hopeful I was. Now?

Not now, not anymore
  • I really cannot stand Mourinho.  An incredibly unimaginative, expensive and stupid appointment by Levy.  Unless of course there is some kind of break clause.  I doubt it though, and so we will just have to wait for the inevitable in a year or so.  And put up with some dreadful football in the meantime.  The game against Everton summed it up - hardly any chances and an own goal for the points.  Between Mourinho and the absurd direction VAR is taking the game I can hardly bare to watch anymore.  If it were my money I would just cough up and bin Mourinho off this very morning and get to some agreement with Poch in time for Thursdays game.  
  • Zero shots on target against Bournemouth
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11292
    The performance against Bournemouth was shocking, and I'm dreading today's game against Woolwich but there's no denying that for the past 18 months the players have been sub-par. If that's Jose's fault then it must be Poch's fault as well.

So many players are just not doing well enough. Jose's tactics are "concede fewer" rather than our historical "score more".

If we get a pasting today he'll be in trouble. If, however, we win, all will be sweetness and light and who's that berk who wrote the stuff above? 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    Zero shots on target against Bournemouth
    And then Mourinho's argument is that we should have had a penalty at the end (foul on Kane) and therefore should have won.

If you can't get a single shot on target against a team about to get relegated, however well they defend, then you simply don't deserve to win.  

scrumhalf said:
    The performance against Bournemouth was shocking, and I'm dreading today's game against Woolwich but there's no denying that for the past 18 months the players have been sub-par.
    I'm not sure you can say that when you consider last season's CL run.  OK, the final was bad, but the games to get there weren't won by a sub-par team.  If anything, the players were over-performing then, and have  drifted back to par this season.  The team were exhausted, and Poch probably was too.  

Missing Europe next season is probably a good thing, given where we are. 

Avoid the mid season treks across far-Europe, the tiredness and extra injuries, etc.  Instead, play domestic only, a season to regroup, rebuild, and either learn to play the Mourinho way, or learn to play the whoever-replaces-him-by-Christmas-if-things-aren't-going-well way.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11292
    All is forgiven (almost). 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Arteta out?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2283
    edited April 2021

Sacked today.

Deservedly. He's a poisonous relic.

£12m a year tells you what is wrong with everything. He'll pocket a massive payoff. 

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14219
    tFB Trader
    Hope the rumours are true - He refused to train today under the basis of a new elite Spurs and had a fall out last night, on the phone, with Levy

Remember, in his own egotistical way as the chosen one, that he took a small town called Porto to the final and won, against all the big boys with all their toys - Under a new elite league that would not happen, so I'm hoping he has stood behind such 'grass roots' - Quite right he is proud of that achievement

However I do agree that Jose is not what he was and has not taken Spurs any further than Poch 
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    The SPECIAL gONE.

Has to be the only club he's left without winning a trophy.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Fabrizio Romano is a (rare) reliable source of football info - he says as follows on Twitter: 

"Mourinho sacking is not linked to Super League... and he’s never refused to take training today. He’s been fired because of results and no nothing else".
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6793
    Hope the rumours are true - He refused to train today under the basis of a new elite Spurs and had a fall out last night, on the phone, with Levy

Remember, in his own egotistical way as the chosen one, that he took a small town called Porto to the final and won, against all the big boys with all their toys - Under a new elite league that would not happen, so I'm hoping he has stood behind such 'grass roots' - Quite right he is proud of that achievement

However I do agree that Jose is not what he was and has not taken Spurs any further than Poch 
    More likely he saw a way to get out of his contract with a the cash payout, he has a history of that.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9713
    It would seem ironic for somebody of his salary level to take exception to the greed of the Super League.

If he did, it was surely just to make sure he got his pay out now
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12897
    Hattigol said:
    Fabrizio Romano is a (rare) reliable source of football info - he says as follows on Twitter: 

"Mourinho sacking is not linked to Super League... and he’s never refused to take training today. He’s been fired because of results and no nothing else".
    Not remotely surprised. The ESL rumour seems to have been started by a parody account :-D
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    I'm not a Mourinho or Spurs fan, but sacking a manager so close to a cup final is madness.

I think their results and place in the table is completly appropriate for the quality of the squad.  Other than Kane and Son, I can't see anyone else in the squad who'd get into another of the other top sides.

It was a knee-jerk reaction to sack Pochettino - this is just history repeating itself.