My last but one ever NPD.

What's Hot
Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786
edited July 2020 in FX

Don't be silly !

Of course it's not.

It is, however, the last on my current list of things I'd REALLY like to try out.

Until something else comes along I will be resigned to buying things I don't really want or need, which I'm only buying because I like getting pedals handed to me by the postie, or because the paint job looks cool, or because I just like buying pedals, ok* ?

So, on the way to me soon will be a shiny new Red Panda Tensor, for more note twisting fun and games.

*and those Korg Volcas, I wouldn't mind a couple more of those, and a Zoia, and . . .
"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    edited July 2020
    Delete this post. It is far too boring to mention .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786

TBH, I've already set my heart on buying a Blooper before the end of the year, as long as I can raise the funds.

:)

So, I feel I've finally gone too far* in my quest for weird noises :)

After half a day listening out for the doorbell a nice UPS man handed over a Chase Bliss Blooper.

Once I'd remembered that making space for it on the stand was of no use due to the buttons on the side nearest the foot switches, and dug out the necessary cables and power supply to get everything working, I fired everything up and . . .  completely failed to get it to make a sound (though lights did come on now and again) other than a small sample saying something I didn't quite catch.

Having made my daughter something to eat I returned to it and finally got it to do something (along with playing the sample again a couple of times).

I reckon this is going to take a while to get my head round (once I have time to read the manual properly) which might at least distract me from buying anything else :)

*for now, at least.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi @Paul_C 

I would say your 'pedalboard' has inspired me more than anyone else's. I wanted in all the mad stuff to sit together well and wasn’t just me plugging all the mad ones in when I had a chance. You definitely got the thought cog ticking over. Also there was a guy on ilovefuzz who has a load of Science amps and like 3 huge pedal boards with multiple tensors and richochets and a revolver pedal  and stuff started to make me think you can do anything and it makes it into something  other.Very fun.

The blooper confused me for a while but now find it pretty straight forward. I sat down with it at the weekend to get my head around the storing of loops.I can highly recommend a Boss footswitch if you aren’t doing anything like that already to control recording allowing your hands to to move about and I couldn't get the timing right with just wacking it with my hand. I thought the firmware update made the stability control more musical.The extra modifiers and modifier editor/ manager will be great. Looks like it’s just going to get better and better. Looks like I might give midi a try. Would  love to have another go with the meris  stuff with midi and it also looks to open up the particle v2 even more. 

Thank you so much for that :)

I bought one more after the Blooper, a Rebel Technology Owl, another which will need a while before I understand it :)

With that in I've been moving things around a bit and tidying up my MC6 banks to make things a bit easier to get to - currently it has the five Meris pedals, four Alexander pedals and the Mood connected to it - I find it very useful to turn pedals on and off and switch between patches (12 each apart from the Mood which currently has 16 stored but can hold 100+).

The current pedal order is:

Subdecay M3
    Mood
    Lida Machine
    Ottobit Jr.
    Polymoon
    Hedra
    Enzo
    Mercury 7 (not sure I needed this, but I'll explore what it can do properly before I decide to keep or sell)
    Quantum Time Modulator (this spot is currently the main one for swapping things in and out)
    Owl
    Tensor
    Ghost Fax
    Rubberneck (with Pitch Fork, Miku and Prism-9 in the loop)
    Blooper
    Superball
    Marshmallow
    Colour Theory
    Syntax Error
    BitQuest
    Architect
    Tera Echo
    Pizzacrusher

Because I don't have to reproduce sounds (I deliberately delete the raw wave files from time to time) I try not to settle on a fixed order, though it might be a while before I split up the Meris and the Alexander pedals because they look nice together ;) )

• joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    The real question is, do you need a Red Panda Context v1? 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    joetele said:
    The real question is, do you need a Red Panda Context v1? 

No ;)

I considered the Spatial Delivery, but I'm not buying anything new (for a while) as spare funds are finally running low.

I'd like a Particle 2 (and quite a few others, I'm sure) but there's nothing at all right now that I "need" - I'm focusing on making music for the rest of the year.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Paul_C said:
     I'm focusing on making music for the rest of the year. 
    Said that to myself before too...
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Me too :)

Since the lockdown began I have bought 14 pedals (15 if you include the MC6) and a Korg Volca, and I'm not prepared to add up how much that lot has cost me :o

My Dad's flat has finally sold (but not completed) so I should be able to hang on to everything I've bought for the time being unless I decide it's no longer needed, and my current feeling is that anything I buy from now on will really only be for fun/curiosity, rather than because it does something I can't do with what I've got.

I've still got to finish my 8 fuzzes in one box and a whole load of other pedals I have the parts for, so it's probably time I got back to that rather than splurging on wildly expensive pedals :)

So, since the above list, which I considered final, I have received:

EHX Mod Rex (very nice)

httpsiytimgcomvihq0G2gNB8zchqdefaultjpg

Cooper FX Moment Machine (not had time to find out what it can do yet)

httpsimagesreverbcomimageuploads--0U0UB4A7--t_card-squarev1549340264ueqczqcxgapijqanmb9bjpg

and on the way I have a Hexe reVOLVER II

httpsimagesreverbcomimageuploads--0ng_q-R3--f_autot_largev1590072957wzux5xdmlb4xr5cdz6q1jpg

so NOW* I've stopped buying pedals and started thinking about building (and ways of finishing) a few of my own.

*fingers crossed.

3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

reVOLVER arrived and tested, I think I'm going to have lots of fun with this :)

I'll take one of my usual dreadful photos once the "last music stand I'll ever need" turns up and I've settled on where to put everything.
    Paul_C said:

reVOLVER arrived and tested, I think I'm going to have lots of fun with this :)

I'll take one of my usual dreadful photos once the "last music stand I'll ever need" turns up* and I've settled on where to put everything.

*mumble* and after the 856 for ZELLERSASN arrives *mumble
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• (Sweet sweet revenge!!!!!!)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Abuse accepted :)
  • I can't talk.

You might have noticed that cheap Ibanez bass I bought that I was really impressed with...
    It seems there is another colour available too.

Ahem.

(that idea is you fault though, Mr Yamaha!)

Heh - I have at least calmed down in regard to instruments, but there are an alarming number of pedals here which are not currently being used.

After I posted the comment above, the next move was to check the FX for sale page ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've just noticed the different colours available on the 4 string version of the bass...

Maybe later in the year!

The current pedal order is now (new additions in bold):

Noise Swash
    HLA
    reVOLVER
    Pixel
    Subdecay M3
    Mood
    Moment Machine
    Lida Machine
    Ottobit Jr.
    Polymoon
    Hedra
    Enzo
    Mercury 7
    Dusk
    Quantum Time Modulator (this spot is currently the main one for swapping things in and out)
    Mod Rex
    Tensor
    Ghost Fax
    Rubberneck (with Pitch Fork and Miku in the loop)
    Komorebi
    Blooper
    Superball
    Marshmallow
    Colour Theory
    Syntax Error
    BitQuest
    Architect
    Tera Echo
    Pizzacrusher

The new stand is here, so I will be bringing back the Owl plus one or two more of my self-built pedals to sit alongside the 856 and the Blooper when I get a moment to decide what goes where.
  • Love the Noise Swash! If ever I'm feeling too comfortable with anything, it's guaranteed to f*** s*** up in the most wonderful ways!
    Love the Noise Swash! If ever I'm feeling too comfortable with anything, it's guaranteed to f*** s*** up in the most wonderful ways!

Me too, it's a lot of fun :)