SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

-

What's Hot
eoinzyeoinzy Frets: 128
edited July 2022 in Guitars £
-
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewislJLewislJ Frets: 19
    I have a 63 Nash Tele in Candy Apple red I was thinking of selling as just not getting used. Its has lollars and C shaped neck, reasonably meaty. Will be taking some decent pics of the guitars I will be putting up for sale shortly. If your interested im likely to adding it for £1400
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1084
    LewislJ said:
    I have a 63 Nash Tele in Candy Apple red I was thinking of selling as just not getting used. Its has lollars and C shaped neck, reasonably meaty. Will be taking some decent pics of the guitars I will be putting up for sale shortly. If your interested im likely to adding it for £1400
    Could you post some photos?
  • eoinzyeoinzy Frets: 128
    edited July 2022
    -
  • jackiojackio Frets: 132
    I have a Nash TK 54 (i think). Its got a boat neck. It's butterscotch, had a Lolloar Imperial in the neck, swiped out for a BQP Mississippi Queen P90.

Might be interested selling. I can photo it for you at the moment but can in a day or so
  • Think there’s a Nash in Oasis Music in Ringwood. Might be worth a call 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7028
    tFB Trader
    You could always make your own
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I almost bought a Nash once, it was possibly the most beautiful strat I'd ever seen. I procrastinated as it was pricey and it went. Kicked my ass over that! I still have the pix somewhere. 

Then one time in Denmark st one of the guitar shops had around 10 'heavy relic' Nash's on the wall, Tele's and Strats, and ..... they all looked terrible. I guess that they get some right and others they don't, well, in my opinion.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7142
    axisus said:
    I almost bought a Nash once, it was possibly the most beautiful strat I'd ever seen. I procrastinated as it was pricey and it went. Kicked my ass over that! I still have the pix somewhere. 

Then one time in Denmark st one of the guitar shops had around 10 'heavy relic' Nash's on the wall, Tele's and Strats, and ..... they all looked terrible. I guess that they get some right and others they don't, well, in my opinion.
    Yeah, my one has a dodgy relic job. It is a great Tele though and so all good.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited July 2020
    I've owned half a dozen over the years. Partscasters with the cheapest of hardware, with 'made in china' stickers still in place sometimes, and the worst paint jobs you will find, for example, to save paint, the white undercoat, 'dabbed' on the side of the main colour for effect. The paint so thin, and impossible to 'check'. The thing about Nash is, he was doing this long before anyone else, and back then it was new and innovative, and a nice alternative. Nowadays things have moved on. There are now multiple alternatives for partscaster/relic builders, some of them taking a lot of care in aging and relicing of parts and paintwork. Nash has not moved with the times, or made any improvements. And now to make matters worse, they are considerably more expensive than they've ever been.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1084
    MikeS said:
    I've owned half a dozen over the years. Partscasters with the cheapest of hardware, with 'made in china' stickers still in place sometimes, and the worst paint jobs you will find, for example, to save paint, the white undercoat, 'dabbed' on the side of the main colour for effect. The paint so thin, and impossible to 'check'. The thing about Nash is, he was doing this long before anyone else, and back then it was new and innovative, and a nice alternative. Nowadays things have moved on. There are now multiple alternatives for partscaster/relic builders, some of them taking a lot of care in aging and relicing of parts and paintwork. Nash has not moved with the times, or made any improvements. And now to make matters worse, they are considerably more expensive than they've ever been.
    Any recommendations of places in UK or Europe?
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7028
    tFB Trader
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2022
    -
  • Stick with Nash, just make sure you get the right year.
    Very early ones with Fender logos need avoiding. 
    The later ones are awesome!

I had a purple over sunburst, with a relic job that was way better than 90% of custom shop relics.
    Nash did the relics himself around 2011.

Neck was in the body really tight and it was possibly the most resonant guitar I've played.
    And sounded amazing. 

I'll repeat, get the right one - they're awesome. 

edited July 2022
  • Michael84Michael84 Frets: 27
    I've got one of the early ones with no logo, only the marker on the back. Blackguard, boatneck and under 7lbs. Ridiculously loud and resonant. But...pretty bad relic job with no checking just deep scratches into the wood. I'd say keep looking for parts on ebay and reverb like MJT, musikraft, NGS etc