Studio One v5.0 has launched

What's Hot
WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
edited July 2020 in Studio & Recording
More info:

I installed it tonight and have been having a play with some of the new mixing effects. Clip gain is much appreciated. There are loads of features that aren't really for me right now, like Notion scoring built into the DAW and a sort of Ableton Live style performance view called "Songs Page" - I've not really looked at it yet.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Have you gone for direct install or Sphere rental?

The prices are similar for the first year .....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Direct here. Haven't even looked at Sphere tbh!

Bye!

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    I just bought the upgrade from V4.- £107.
    Sphere looks good, the full package , plus the file sharing etc, my upgrade would be about £120 from Pro, the sphere is about the same, for a year ...but ....if you use all those vst etc then stop the subscription you might be in trouble ..

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    spark240 said:
    Sphere looks good, the full package , plus the file sharing etc, my upgrade would be about £120 from Pro, the sphere is about the same, for a year ...but ....if you use all those vst etc then stop the subscription you might be in trouble ..
    Yes it depends on what you are after I guess.
    I have enough VST plugins, I don't need more, I am considering stripping a load out and running lighter.
  • BodBod Frets: 1299
    octatonic said:
    Where did you get it at that price?  £125 for me on their site. 

I had a message on my account page saying I was entitled to a free upgrade or 1 year of Sphere, but that didn't work and then disappeared so I'm guessing it was in error.  I've got a support ticket logged so waiting to see what happens.
    edited July 2020
    Bod said:
    octatonic said:

I had a message on my account page saying I was entitled to a free upgrade or 1 year of Sphere, but that didn't work and then disappeared so I'm guessing it was in error.  I've got a support ticket logged so waiting to see what happens.
    I'm buying from Switzerland.
    Less VAT for me.
  • octatonic said:
    spark240 said:
    I have enough VST plugins, I don't need more, I am considering stripping a load out and running lighter.
    I need to thin my stuff down - 1130 plugins on scan when I start Studio One. That's nuts!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    spark240 said:
    I need to thin my stuff down - 1130 plugins on scan when I start Studio One. That's nuts!
    Me too....considering I use the same ones every mix ;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Yeah same! I probably use less than 30 plugins lol.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    I bought version 4 Artist in the sale just over a week ago. Since I had just bought it I was offered a free upgrade to 5 or 4 months free of Sphere. I upgraded to 5 as I don't want the monthly outlay and wouldn't use all the features. The fact that VSTs are now usable in Artist is good as I was going to pay for the upgrade to allow me to do it. Not sure if remote (on iPad) control is a feature in Artist now or if that is still only on the Professional version?

I've literally only spent an hour or so with it but looking forward to spending more time.

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2398
    Bod said:
    octatonic said:

....think I paid about £45....! ;)

(That was from the Artist version though).
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    VST support in artist? May take a punt on this version....
  • BodBod Frets: 1299
    IMC1980 said:
    VST support in artist? May take a punt on this version....
    I always thought it was an odd decision to exclude VST support from Artist.  It's a basic expectation now, and it has put off many a home user from trying out Studio One.  I'm glad they've seen sense.

I've taken a free 4 month free trial of Sphere that I've been given for buying an Atom in May.  I'm hoping that'll be long enough for an upgrade offer for 5 Professional to appear.  I don't have much need for the other PreSonus stuff to justify the Sphere sub, although the exclusive video content is nice.
    Yeah...I will probably just upgrade to 5, the only thing Sphere offers for me at the moment is the collaboration tools, ....lots of user are moaning the its not available outside of Sphere so they may look at that in the future.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    wow. and wow again. But I can see how that happens. It's a compulsion this plug in thing. When I got a new PC, I planned to slim stuff down. I sort of have. I got Waves Gold which has loads in it, most of which I haven't used yet. Then I installed all the Soundtoys stuff hat they gave away free over the years - littleplate, little alterboy, microshift, tremolator and devil loc. They are all great. 
    Got a couple more Waves things I bought in sales, and I gritted my teeth and have only set up a couple of synths - Omnisphere, Oddity 2, oh, and Komplete Ultimate 11.........ha.

More than enough, way more.
  • Snap said:
    wow. and wow again. But I can see how that happens. It's a compulsion this plug in thing. When I got a new PC, I planned to slim stuff down. I sort of have. I got Waves Gold which has loads in it, most of which I haven't used yet. Then I installed all the Soundtoys stuff hat they gave away free over the years - littleplate, little alterboy, microshift, tremolator and devil loc. They are all great. 
    Got a couple more Waves things I bought in sales, and I gritted my teeth and have only set up a couple of synths - Omnisphere, Oddity 2, oh, and Komplete Ultimate 11.........ha.

More than enough, way more.
    It's easy for things to get out of control. All you need is a copy of T-Racks, a PluginAlliance bundle, and some variant on one of the Waves packages, and you're suddenly looking at hundreds and hundreds of plugins, half of which you'll never use! :lol: 

Bye!

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2398
    Quick n00b question - I can create loops and layers / takes using the pre-roll function, but it only works on the first take. Is there a way to get the pre-roll on each subsequent take / layer...?
    FarleyUK said:
    Quick n00b question - I can create loops and layers / takes using the pre-roll function, but it only works on the first take. Is there a way to get the pre-roll on each subsequent take / layer...?
    Errr....I don't know but Im interested to know...may be one for the facebook forum ...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • FarleyUK said:
    Not quite sure what you mean. Pre-roll is typically a one-take kind of thing. There's no way to have it complete a take and then pre-roll again without starting the transport again.

You could set a longer loop region to encompass the bit of pre-roll you want.

Bye!