Charlie Daniels

What's Hot
boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
Surprised nobody’s mentioned him yet. The Devil Went Down to Georgia chap. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I hadn't seen that. Quite a successful artist in the USA although Devil is probably all most of us know him for; I've seen The Levellers a couple of times and their cover of it was always a hilight.     
    83 - the point at which I might have said 'fair innings' although as I get older I'm correcting that figure upwards.
    RIP 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361

83 - the point at which I might have said 'fair innings' although as I get older I'm correcting that figure upwards.
    @EricTheWeary ;Funny how your attitude to age changes isn’t it? I can remember thinking about old workmates  “silly old bastards, making all this fuss about having to retire at 60. 60 is well past it.” Now I’m 65, I see why they thought they were being put out to pasture way too early. My mum is forever talking about “old people“ too, as though it doesn’t apply to her. She’s nearly 95.  
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14218
    tFB Trader
    I must admit I only know him via 'The Devil went down to Georgia' - But a great song nevertheless - Maybe I should check out other tracks - RIP
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1590
    RIP Charlie.  I remember "The Devil went down to Georgia" being pretty massive when it came out.  I'd like to think he'd approve of this version:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    "chicken in the bread-pan picking' out dough "