Wiring Left Handed Pots

What's Hot
Right we’re finally entering the assembly stage of the lefty “Karpcaster” from the Posca Paint Pen challenge (pictures soon @paulnb57 i promise)so I’ve ordered some left handed audio taper pots for it.
Will I need to flip the way they’re connected as compared to normal right handed pots ? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7024
    tFB Trader
    Yes, everything is mirror image
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    Yes.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Yes!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    I’ll have what she’s having.  B)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Thanks all for the unanimous response. Supporting question, were I to want to use a Lin rather than a Log pot for the tone control would a righty Lin pot wired “mirrored” work ?
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 761
    @DrBob your supporting question - by definition for a linear pot there is no left or right designation, but yes, just wire it the other way around as you suggest. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72304
    If you use a linear pot for a tone control it will work equally badly either way :).

You need a log for tone (reverse log for left hand) or all the sweep will be at the bottom end.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tanihhiavlttanihhiavlt Frets: 659
    A wise man once told me: if you play mostly with a driven sound you might find a linear volume pot works better cos in conjuction with a drive pedal - the volume pot is more like a gain pot and linear is more controllable :)