Diezel D-Moll/VH-2

What's Hot
theimageofalltheimageofall Frets: 123
Hi everyone.

I’m considering picking up a Diezel amp In the not too distant future and am looking at either the D-Moll or the VH-2, since they are similar prices.

Does anyone have any experience of either?

Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• theimageofalltheimageofall Frets: 123
    edited July 2020
    Thanks.

I’m into and play similar styles to @WiresDreamDisasters - Tool, A Perfect Circle etc so I’d be interested in his thoughts!
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4133
    I expect the VH-2 will be closer to those sounds then, but doubt the D-Moll would be far off. Not sure if there’s much of a price gap between those and a used VH-4 though - could be worth holding out? There’s also the VH Mini coming out soon if you want a smaller/quieter option.
  • Thanks for that.

I’d heard about the VH Mini but can’t find out much information about it as yet. Hopefully something will appear soon.
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited July 2020
    Sorry for the slow reply. Been working all weekend.

I can't speak to the VH2 I'm afraid. I've never heard one. But I have a VH4 and a D-Moll and I love them both. If you're after similar kinds of sounds to what I go for, then I'd definitely look into the VH2. Try and test one out somewhere if you can.

I use the D-Moll live, and I recorded our last album with the VH4 (plus a VHT) and didn't use the D-Moll. No real reason other than what I preferred on the day.

Here is a very very old video I did of the D-Moll. I keep meaning to do a fresh one for the VH4, or maybe even a 'versus' video.

Basically what we're after is always some variant of a pissed off Marshall. That's what Diezels are at their heart.

Bye!

• That’s great - thanks for that. I have the VH4-2 pedal into the power amp of my Mesa single rectifier at the minute and love the sound, so it has got me lusting after the actual amp.

The D-Moll seems to have lots of features compared to the VH2 - but man, that VH sound is amazing. I was wondering how close the D-Moll and VH2/4 are in sound I suppose. If they were close, then the D-Moll has more bang for the buck features wise, considering that they are almost the same price.
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 360
    Where’s the best place to buy Diezel amps in the uk? 
    markr76 said:
    Thomann
    markr76 said:
    Thomann
    Cheers.

I was massively impressed with a friend of mines D moll. What I really liked about that amp is, although it can do modern metal and heavy rock sounds. The clean channel is fantastic too, but most importantly, that classic rock Marshall type sound. It doesn’t sound exactly like a Marshall, but it gets that type of sound with bags of character. One of the problems with a lot of those type of amps is they all sound too modern no matter what you do.
    edited July 2020
    Out of the Diezel cabs, what’s the sonic difference between the front and rear loaded speakers? 
    Or which would you all recommend?
  • That’s great - thanks for that. I have the VH4-2 pedal into the power amp of my Mesa single rectifier at the minute and love the sound, so it has got me lusting after the actual amp.

The D-Moll seems to have lots of features compared to the VH2 - but man, that VH sound is amazing. I was wondering how close the D-Moll and VH2/4 are in sound I suppose. If they were close, then the D-Moll has more bang for the buck features wise, considering that they are almost the same price.
    They (VH4 and D-Moll) sound simlar in terms of core tone, you can tell they're Diezels. But they sound quite different in terms of what frequencies jump out. Both of them can benefit from a tubescreamer in front if you want that super tight modern tech-metal thing. But if you want big balls out rock tones ala A Perfect Circle and Tool, then IMHO you don't always need a boost.

I choose to hit the front of mine with an EQ pedal.

The mid-scoop on the D-Moll is very useful for a bit of extra tone shaping too.

Between my D-Moll, VH4, Rockerverb, and SigX, I'm pretty covered for amp tones these days. A hog in heaven as it were!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Update - went with the VH-2. Sounds even better than I’d hoped!

Thanks for the input @WiresDreamDisasters and everyone else.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Congrats! Pics, clips, etc required!
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
    Pics or it’s a Bugera!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hah! I’ll take some later. 

Just need a bigger 2x12 cab for it now as it is a hefty beast!
  • 0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Superb rig, bet that sound yuuuuge
  • yuge indeed. I'm jealous.

Bye!

• spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
    This makes me want my old VH-4 back.  A truly epic amp.