SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD! Rivera M60 2X12 Combo Amp- £250 - needs a service

DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
edited July 2020 in Amps £
I bought this amp from a lovely gentleman down in Southampton. I only paid £200 at the time, sadly he  passed away (he had MS and had to shift his gear).

It's a lovely amp, it weighs a tonne (32kg), I've used it in a practice room a few times. I'm not to fond of the distorted sounds but the clean channel is gorgeous. I was using it as a pedal board platfom. So why am I selling?

Like a fool I replaced the preamp tubes in the amp, and this seems to have affected the overall volume of the amp. It's still a loud amp, but I was struggling to keep the clean channel clean over a bassist and a drummer. I can't find anyone reputable who can service the amp in the south west. I do have the FS5 footswitch as well.

At the start of lockdown I bought myself a Orange Rockerverb head and cab, and that is much more my style (basic haha). I would really like this amp to go to somebody who can get it serviced and will use i

I have downloaded and printed the manual for the Rivera, the reverb channel has a slight hum and I suspect the amp needs a new set of valves and a service (the effects loop is crackly etc). So this is reflected in the price. I'm not after making a huge profit, hence the super low price. 

I'm in Bristol, so ideally it would be collection only. No shipping

I'm really not into trades, the only thing I'm eyeing up at the moment would be a Mexican Tele with a maple neck or a Classic Vibe tele with a maple neck. Both would have to be the classic layout (two single coils with vintage style heads), the condition of the guitar is almost irrespective. I would be more interested in the condition of the fretwork.

I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ljsljs Frets: 56
    Hi DrJazzTap,
    Would you consider shipping? This was my first serious amp and I’d love to buy one.
    Let me know

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    ljs said:
    Hi DrJazzTap,
    Would you consider shipping? This was my first serious amp and I’d love to buy one.
    Let me know

Hi Sorry no shipping.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • ljsljs Frets: 56
    edited July 2020
    No worries - glwts 
    I think the white m60s are the anniversary edition. Same spec, different colour.