SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB, 10FT/3 METER Fender Tweed cable with angled jack, I need two.

What's Hot
Anyone got any knocking around? Custom shop or Deluxe. 
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    Do you want them pre-broken, or would you prefer the excitement of it happening at a suitably inconvenient moment later?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3446
    ICBM said:
    Do you want them pre-broken, or would you prefer the excitement of it happening at a suitably inconvenient moment later?

Point taken, in my defence I do own two of them and they have been good as gold! But yeah, why tempt fate!
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    robgilmo said:

Point taken, in my defence I do own two of them and they have been good as gold! But yeah, why tempt fate!
    Sorry, just a bit of a joke - they are the least reliable cables I've ever come across. A customer of mine had six of them, which he brought to me when he was down to the last working one...

The problem is the plugs - they're just utter crap. The cable itself is actually very good, but it's also very fat and difficult to get into decent plugs like Neutriks. Right-angle NP2RXs will fit (just), as will the old NP2Cs, but the straight slimline NP2Xs won't unless you're prepared to drill out the clamp.

I can't find the one I had, anyway - I think I might have fixed it and given it to someone as a spare.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 178
    ICBM said:
    robgilmo said:

Sorry, just a bit of a joke - they are the least reliable cables I've ever come across. 
    and the best you have come across are??
    robmac5150 said:

and the best you have come across are??
    Anything properly made with Neutrik plugs and good cable like Van Damme.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    I've got an unused and spare Custom Shop tweed 5.5m ... 
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    robgilmo said:
    Anyone got any knocking around? Custom shop or Deluxe. 
    I can make you something using Sommer SC Classique cable and Neutrik jacks.

Example pricing:

Unit priceQtyTotal
    3m guitar lead, Sommer SC cable, Neutrik plugs, straight + straight£18.571£18.57
    Sub-total£18.57
    Postage£5.00
    Total£23.57

DM me if you're interested.

R.
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 849
    ICBM said:

Congratulations @ICBM, this wins the internet for today.  I actually snorted my Vimto out of my nose when I read this. I have also owned these and had them crap out on me too.