Replacement Nova Delay PSU

What's Hot
lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
I discovered yesterday that the PSU for my TC Electronic Nova Delay has packed up. Do I just need any 12v adapter?

I use a One Spot for everything else so could that be used for it or does it have to be 12v?

The One Spot has 8 outlets which are all being used, but I could power one or two pedals from my TC Polytune's output 9v socket and then use the One Spot for the Nova? If I did that I assume I'd just need a daisy chain from the Polytune?
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited June 2014
    Didn't we do this already? (or was that someone else...http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/11617/nova-delay-psu-problem#latest).

Anyway the Nova Delay can run fine at 9v, TC have confirmed this in their QA on their website. At 12v it has higher headroom.

You won't damage the pedal using 9v, I have the iB modified version of the Nova Delay and run it using a Diago Powerstation at 9v, I also have a One Spot as a back-up PSU, and it's fine with both.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    I totally forgot that I'd asked that before. As I also use it with acoustic I wonder if 12v would be better then to provide max headroom so it doesn't distort?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Try it and see. No point buying a new PSU if the one you've got will do the job.
    edited June 2014
    ...and to answer the part about the daisy chain, just buy another daisy chain cable and extend the chain (connect a new daisy chain to your existing one and you'll have a load more outputs). As long as the total mA your pedals need is less than the mA the PSU can give out you can keep doing that.

The output on the Polytune is just a daisy chain link anyway, so adding a new daisy chain to that output achieves the same thing, all the juice is still coming from your PSU.
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    ...and to answer the part about the daisy chain, just buy another daisy chain cable and extend the chain (connect a new daisy chain to your existing one and you'll have a load more outputs). As long as the total mA your pedals need is less than the mA the PSU can give out you can keep doing that.

The output on the Polytune is just a daisy chain link anyway, so adding a new daisy chain to that output achieves the same thing, all the juice is still coming from your PSU.
    Very good point - I'd not clicked onto that! :-)
  • danodano Frets: 1593
    I run my Nova Repeater at 12V of a Voodoo Labs PP2+ and have no problem. There is a definite improvement in headroom over 9V, when running some very high levels signals from a boost / fuzz infront of it, but if I had to run at 9V I don't think I'd notice too much.