SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Hamer USA Centaura 1990 - Three tone Sunburst, Figured Neck, Maple Board - OHSC - £825

What's Hot
Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1727
edited August 2020 in Guitars £
1990 Hamer USA Centaura in Good Condition

Serial Number 026810

Centauras are very versatile guitars, and in this configuration is quite nicely understated visually - anything from country and blues through rock to metal are all easily covered by this instrument.

Uncommon to find for sale, particularly in the UK and with the optional maple fingerboard compared with the regular Rosewood/Pau Ferro.

Three tone Sunburst with dings and chips over the body and some lacquer checking as photographed.

The neck finish however is spotless, and the guitar plays very well. The guitar has been entirely cleaned and polished.

The fingerboard cleaned, frets cleaned and polished and the set up with a medium/low action and has been strung with a new set of 9-46 Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky strings.

Downsized double cutaway Alder body, 24 fret 14" radius attractively figured Maple Fingerboard with real mother of pearl mini offset dot inlays.

24 Dunlop 6100 frets with a small amount of observable wear on the first to forth frets on the higher three strings.

Single-piece maple neck with some nice flamed figuring as shown in the photographs.

Neck profile is medium C shaped. Very comfortable and fast to play.

The Guitar Weights 3.3kg (7.28lbs)

Hamer Stadium Logo on a reversed headstock, and Hamer logo'd Schaller mini machineheads with Pearl buttons - which are the only non original parts on this guitar..

Pickups are Seymour Duncan TB4J Trembucker Spaced JB in the Bridge Position, and Seymour Duncan SSL-1 in the middle and neck position. The pickups are controlled by a master volume and tone control, along with a 5 way blade selector and a 2 way mini toggle which on this particular guitar is a 'thick' switch, which allows upper mids to stand out.

The guitar has a muscular tone from the bridge pickup as would be expected from a JB in an alder guitar. - which can be knocked back a bit with the guitar volume control. The neck and middle pickups give you useful strat sounds.

Upside down Californian style jack socket, points your lead in the right direction to tuck through your strap neatly.

Hamer logo'd Chrome Schaller Floyd Rose including bar.

Dunlop Dual Design Strap locks - which can be used with a strap with or without strap locks.

Anodised Black Aluminium control and trem cavity plates both present and correct.

Original Hamer Hard Shell Case included.

Drop me a line with any queries or questions or for more photos.

Sensible offers considered, no trades thanks.

Thanks for checking it out  
I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
* Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
* Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MolemanMoleman Frets: 133
    Oooooooh!!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ArfashandiArfashandi Frets: 45
    truly gorgeous and but for the fact I am holdng out for a hamer sunburst or a standard or maybe even a vector, I would defo go a centaura………...or perhaps a chapparal
    edited July 2020
    truly gorgeous and but for the fact I am holdng out for a hamer sunburst or a standard or maybe even a vector, I would defo go a centaura………...or perhaps a chapparal
    Been collecting Hamer USA guitars for about twelve years now and I’d say that it’s more a question of buying one you like the look of when they come up. 

Sunbursts and Standards are both super rare in the UK and go for ££££’s. There have been a couple of Sunbursts on eBay and Reverb but I’ve only ever seen one Standard (from the 1990’s) for sale in the UK in that time. Vectors are not exactly thick on the ground either...

The good thing about buying from a Hamer fanboy like Bennyboy is that he’s already done the hard part, e.g. sourcing the guitars for you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1727
    Moleman said:
    Been collecting Hamer USA guitars for about twelve years now and I’d say that it’s more a question of buying one you like the look of when they come up. 

Sunbursts and Standards are both super rare in the UK and go for ££££’s. There have been a couple of Sunbursts on eBay and Reverb but I’ve only ever seen one Standard (from the 1990’s) for sale in the UK in that time. Vectors are not exactly thick on the ground either...

The good thing about buying from a Hamer fanboy like Bennyboy is that he’s already done the hard part, e.g. sourcing the guitars for you.
    We should probably have a chat :)

• bassborabassbora Frets: 132
    I love Hamers and have few myself. These days trying to play more than buy guitars.  My favorite of the Hamers are the Centaura and I have 2.  Incredibly versatile guitars.  GLWTS 
  • ArfashandiArfashandi Frets: 45
    Moleman said:

We should probably have a chat
    PM'd 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    Sorry to hi-jack the thread but I may have a Hamer USA Studio up for sale/trade soon @Bennyboy-UK @bassbora @Arfashandi ;
    beed84 said:
    Sorry to hi-jack the thread but I may have a Hamer USA Studio up for sale/trade soon @Bennyboy-UK @bassbora @Arfashandi ;
    Might I ask what colour for the Studio please?
    Moleman said:
    beed84 said:
    No you may not ;)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bassborabassbora Frets: 132
    beed84 said:
    I am only interested in the superstrats sorry 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    bassbora said:
    beed84 said:
    No worries. @Moleman you have a PM. @Bennyboy-UK your thread's all yours again  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    beed84 said:
    bassbora said:
    beed84 said:
    No worries. @Moleman you have a PM. @Bennyboy-UK your thread's all yours again  :)
    To be fair it was nice to get some foot fall :D

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    )Bennyboy-UK said:I
    Moleman said:
    beed84 said:
    No you may not ;)
    Sincere apologies for the lack of forum etiquette on your thread!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sunday bump. Hope everyone having a good weekend :)

Evening all, swift bump with price reduction.

• Cordite50Cordite50 Frets: 5
    That neck looks really good. Super guitar. Wish I had the cash available.
    Swift weekly bump. 

Sold.