SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Price drop Tom Anderson classic S hollow drop top 03 SOLD

What's Hot
justtt007justtt007 Frets: 205
edited July 2020 in Guitars £
After years of wanting one of these I now find myself in the unfortunate position of having to let it go as redundancy is looming on the COVID19 infested horizon ☹️ it's the most resonant guitar I've ever picked up and the build quality is second to none and it's in excellent condition, it has a happy medium neck profile and stainless steel frets comes in its fitted hardcase with paperwork, I would be willing to take a cheaper guitar in part ex against it but would need at least half its value in cash, value I think around £2100 looking at past sales etc. 

£1800 ☹️
1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AflfAflf Frets: 24
    Link doesn‘t work  :/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • justtt007justtt007 Frets: 205
    Tom Anderson classic hollow drop top 03 https://imgur.com/gallery/XCicuQY
    Hopefully that one should
  • JGCJGC Frets: 157
    nice
  • Ben1984Ben1984 Frets: 111
    Very Nice glwts !
    Thanks both, and a special thanks to my lol stalker predictably pathetic as usual
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4091

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Much appreciated @fastonebaz ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Just been offered a Rickenbacker 660 in part ex against this, anyone have any ideas of what it's worth roughly? Can't find any sold ones to go off and I've never owned or played one, any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers
  • I bought a mint condition Ric 660 Fireglo approx 2 years ago for £1200. Sold it for the same money last year. They're nice guitars if you like Rics. Not an easy thing to sell though IMO. They're big money when new. 
    I bought a mint condition Ric 660 Fireglo approx 2 years ago for £1200. Sold it for the same money last year. They're nice guitars if you like Rics. Not an easy thing to sell though IMO. They're big money when new. 
    I thought as much, the bloke is looking for £1600 for it so a bit much really, thanks for the reply mate much appreciated
  • No worries mate. The guy I bought mine off had it advertised for £1900 for not far off a year. Granted we're in Scotland and he wasn't willing to post, so that does kinda limit his market. But I watched his price drop and drop over the months till I got it for the £1200. When I was selling, I put it up for £1295 and it sold in a couple of weeks. But its not something that will fly out the door. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    edited July 2020
    justtt007 said:
    Just been offered a Rickenbacker 660 in part ex against this, anyone have any ideas of what it's worth roughly? Can't find any sold ones to go off and I've never owned or played one, any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers
    Unlike Gibsons & Fenders, Rickenbackers are very idiosyncratic guitars with a unique feel and tone and (as I recall) quite a wide fret board.  I think these are very much in the 'Marmite' category in that you either 'love them or you hate them'. For those that love them, and there are many, devotees are furiously loyal to the brand and will rave about how great and unique sounding these guitars are. 

Exponents of Rickenbacker range from the Byrds (particularly 12 string), to the Beatles, Paul Weller, Tony Hicks (The Hollies), Johnny Marr etc.  It's not a guitar I would go for myself because I play classic rock & blues, but could be a very good fit for eg 'Indie', Beatles/Byrds/The Jam devotees etc. These are quality guitars that aren't cheap - a new 660 will set you back typically £2,700 - £3,000 (possibly more depending on finish). 

Used prices are very difficult to pin down with any consistency because they don't have the mass market appeal of Fenders & Gibsons and there seems to be a huge fluctuation - typically anything from circa £1500 to £2500.  Richtone have loads of 330 and 360 secondhand prices which tend to be the more popular variants rather than the 660 which again accounts for the difficulty in assessing 660 used prices. 

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    Thanks for the replies both, I think unless it's low enough for me to sell it quickly I'll have to pass as much as I'd like one just for the novelty of having one I think it would end up an expensive ornament at £1600 with things like they are at the moment!
    Getting to the point where I REALLY need to sell now so if anyone is interested I'd take £1800 for it but no PayPal. Cheers guys
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    edited July 2020
    Thank GOD you sold it...I've always fancied a Tom Anderson classic S  hollow drop top & was getting sorely tempted!  3 But I think my wife might have killed me!  o   
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)