Tascam/Zoom/Sony etc Portable multitrack recording devices.

I'm thinking of buy a handheld portable recorder. I was looking at the Tascam, Zoom and Sony devices and my budget is about £200. Anybody use one and could give me a recommendation or features I should look out for. 

Cheers,
Ian

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    @Devil#20 ; - I have a Zoom H4n Pro I'd sell if it ticked your boxes. It's a great bit of kit - only selling as I no longer need a mobile recorder.
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2320
    edited July 2020
    Id go for the a zoom h2.   Ive had the h1 and  h4n before, and imho  h2 is the easiest to use and has brilliant recordings
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    I've got a Tascam DR40x, a band mate has a Zoom H6, both fantastic and capable of decent recordings.

His Zoom is a more costly device and has additional functionality, which you may or not need. If you don't then the Zoom H4n is probably closer in spec to my Tascam, which is stereo built mics, plus 2x XLR in with phantom power.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    I have the H5 (not for sale).

The ability to change microphone attachments is worth the upgrade.