SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Gibson Les Paul Traditional Sold

What's Hot
strat84strat84 Frets: 314
edited September 2020 in Guitars £
For sale my Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013. Got this early last year as part of a trade from the original owner. 50s style neck with a lovely dark fretboard. Pretty much all the hardware/electronics have been changed, mostly by the previous owner but some since I've had it - Grover tuners, gotoh tailpiece/bridge, switchcraft toggle switch, top hat knobs/pointers, PIO caps, rewired with vintage style braided wire. I added 4 Bare Knuckle 550k pots and a set of Gibson 57 Classics. 

Condition is excellent, only a small amount of wear on the edge of the body near the jack plate and some light surface scratches above the pickups. The neck is completely ding free and frets have plenty of life left in them. 

Tone wise it's quite bright and lively, acoustically and amplified. I've tried a few different sets of pickups in this guitar and each position is always really clear, clean and overdriven. It has a low - medium action set up with 10s and is fairly easy to play and bend on. I'm not sure of the weight but it feels a touch heavier than an R8 I had which weighed 8lb 13oz so I'd say around 9 lb give or take. 

These pics were taken when I first got it but will add some more detailed pics when I'm back with the guitar again (away till 5/08). The current pickups have aged nickel covers. Happy to deliver locally or ship via courier but would much prefer collection to avoid the risk of shipping and so it can be tried through a choice of a Deluxe Reverb, Super Reverb and an MJW V6 - 20, or all of them  . £1350. £1325

http://imgur.com/gallery/QFgV480

http://imgur.com/aQYcO24
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4159
    That’s a real beauty
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ^^Sure is, seems a shame not to have pics embedded so...

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    yeah that's a good one, sold my traditional just before crimbo, but if it had looked like this I'd have kept it, yeah I'm superficial so what
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strat84strat84 Frets: 314
    Cheers chaps  :)

Thanks for the pic @Dontgiveupyourdayjob - haven't mastered that yet 
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    PM'd you :)
    Bump - back up for sale
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    Wow that's a great looking guitar!
  • floeighty2floeighty2 Frets: 158
    Jees that’s nice ! Sorely tempted on this as wel! What’s with all the ones I want to buy coming up all at once! 
    Cheers guys! 

Here are some more pics of the wear/surface scratches noted above and also one of the guitar with its current pickups - 

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    How bittersweet it is when guitars that had "sold" go back up for sale. I felt genuinely relieved the first time round, and now I have to resist this beauty all over again ...
    Bump
    Price drop bump and a couple more pics -

Bump