SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Parting out 2004 MIM Tele neck price drop Sold

Km06oreKm06ore Frets: 12
edited July 2020 in Parts £
Parting out my 2004 mim telecaster, I'm keeping the body for a project. Open to offers and trades on everything, as not sure how much individual parts are worth at the moment.
Neck is modern C,9 1/2 radius with vintage style frets.
£150 posted open to trades, no offers.

Pickups I'm sure these are the alnico ones, I think they changed to ceramic a few years later.
I'd like £60 posted for the pair bit open to offers as I'm not sure what they go for. 

Parts I'm looking for are,
Fender locking tuners.
Black pickguard.
Tele pickups, open to all kinds of pickups if something takes my fancy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Km06oreKm06ore Frets: 12
  • skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 200
    Open to offers on the neck? What's the feet wear like?
    edited July 2020
    skinfreak said:
    Open to offers on the neck? What's the feet wear like?
    Not really on the neck, I meant to put that in the first post sorry, open to trades for it though prob for pickups, fret wear is minimal I,played it for a few years as was my first decent guitar, then it was stored in a case up until a few months ago. I took more detailed pics of the neck off the body last night for another forum member, if your interested I'll send them.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    I have a set of the Fender/Ping locking ‘heads with the dual locator pegs. These directly retrofit on “modern” MIM necks.

I have a Duncan STKT-1N Vintage Stack for Telecaster neck/Rhythm position.

If you prefer true single coils, I am toying with the idea of changing my 9.7k Alegree prototype Tornado bridge/Treble pickup for another of his models.
    Be seeing you.
    If it's trades for pickups I'd rather a set to be honest, I'm also willing to add cash for a set if the math doesn't add up
    I have a set of the Fender/Ping locking ‘heads with the dual locator pegs. These directly retrofit on “modern” MIM necks.

I have a Duncan STKT-1N Vintage Stack for Telecaster neck/Rhythm position.

If you prefer true single coils, I am toying with the idea of changing my 9.7k Alegree prototype Tornado bridge/Treble pickup for another of his models.
    How much for the locking tuners? 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    skinfreak said:
    Fender/Ping locking ‘heads with the dual locator pegs. These directly retrofit on “modern” MIM necks.
    How much for the locking tuners? 
    I’m struggling to find the correct retail price. More often than not, UK stockists list “Fender Schaller” locking tuners for £62 a set but illustrate the listing with photographs of the Fender Ping Well ‘heads.

These are finished in shiny chrome. The thumbwheel has a large F logo in the centre and linear serrations around the edge. 

The Schaller-made locking tuners have thicker thumbwheels with a knurled edge. I would expect these to retail for at least one hundred quid.

MY TUNERS ARE THE CHEAPER, ASIAN TYPE. NOT GERMAN.

If these are the correct type for you MIM Fender instrument, I can do them for £35 PP F&F shipped.

Be seeing you.
    Bump for neck, £140 posted
    Km06ore said:
    Bump for neck, £140 posted
    Go on then. You convinced me.
    Sorry sold earlier on in the day, I edited description as soon as it was sold, if sale falls through I'll get in touch with the folks that showed interest. 
    Only saying if it falls through as I sold a pedal on reverb, the buyer payed at midnight and asked for a refund the next morning just before I sent it off.