SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB heavy wraparound bridge (zinc etc) in nickel

What's Hot
robertyroberty Frets: 10893
The kind with adjustable grub screws, ideally looking for non-compensated, just a plain old bar

To fit a MIJ LP copy - I assume they're all the same sizes since the bridges are a little loose around the posts anyway

The Kluson ones are out of stock at WD but a used one would look better anyway

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The zinc kluson can be bought really cheap if you search.  Regardless of what they cost theyre very good.

Being a Japanese LP it wont have the angled tailpiede studs.  I doubt the non intonated Kluson  would work
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    The zinc kluson can be bought really cheap if you search.  Regardless of what they cost theyre very good.

Being a Japanese LP it wont have the angled tailpiede studs.  I doubt the non intonated Kluson  would work
    It's for this one mate, bit of an oddball but a very nice player :-) trying to take some of the 'zing' out in a non-invasive way. I've had a search for zinc Klusons but they don't appear to be in stock anywhere right now

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • three_little_birdsthree_little_birds Frets: 25
    edited July 2020
    Sweet i have a bacchus classic series lp special from 2010.  Its a fantastic guitar- i put a couple of 50s p90s in it and sold my R8.  The original p90s were terrible.  The neck was dull and the bridge painfull.

The kluson and mojoaxe wouldnt intonate on mine, so i used the faber one for a bit.  In the end i pulled the studs, dowelled the holes and redrilled for a mojoaxe.  I bit of faff but worth it-the guitar is that good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sweet i have a bacchus classic series lp special from 2010.  Its a fantastic guitar- i put a couple of 50s p90s in it and sold my R8.  The original p90s were terrible.  The neck was dull and the bridge painfull.

The kluson and mojoaxe wouldnt intonate on mine, so i used the faber one for a bit.  In the end i pulled the studs, dowelled the holes and redrilled for a mojoaxe.  I bit of faff but worth it-the guitar is that good.
    Wow must be a sweet guitar if it's worth going to all that trouble. So you reckon compensated bridges do intonate properly with angled posts?  A member here has a compensated bridge available but I think I need a straight one.  The intonation on this guitar is accurate to the point where if it was a TOM I wouldn't bother adjusting it
  • On mine the faber with the set in brass bars would intonate.  The kluson and mojoaxe wouldnt as the posts didnt have enough angle to intonate properly.  I also tried the mojoaxe lightning bar, which intonated fine and is zinc.  That one might be ideal for you as it took some zing away and fattened things  up compared to the aluminium ones.  I've had one of those on my SG jr for several years and wont be changing it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    On mine the faber with the set in brass bars would intonate.  The kluson and mojoaxe wouldnt as the posts didnt have enough angle to intonate properly.  I also tried the mojoaxe lightning bar, which intonated fine and is zinc.  That one might be ideal for you as it took some zing away and fattened things  up compared to the aluminium ones.  I've had one of those on my SG jr for several years and wont be changing it.
    Awesome thanks a lot for your advice :-)
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4998
    I’ve got a heavy Jap one, with grub screws, it’s chrome though. Tenner posted if you want it. Cheers. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/