SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: superstrats (some pointy content) - both sold

What's Hot
McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
edited September 2020 in Guitars £
Right: so I really need to get my ass in gear and clear some space. Any buyers would be safe in the knowledge that they are doing the forum a public service and would put me back in the market to buy... No trades on these thanks. I'm in Haywards Heath - just South of Gatwick and have been known to travel up to an hour or 2 for good deals or gas money.

First up (pointy-haters look away now): my Jackson SLXFMG. Through neck, Floyd, EMGs: spandex-ready. Very good condition indeed: no issues that I can see - not even a chip on the pointy bit.

£375 £350 £325 £300 collected (or meet) with a hard case (though this is an after market one and I'm not sure it would be safe for postage as it's VERY snug). I paid more (without case) so I'm already losing on this. 

Pink snakeskin strap could be a little sweetener... 

NOW SOLD - my much loved, long-owned (by @DrCornelius standards) and massively modded Charvel ST Custom 'Strathead'. MIJ, 1991 I think. This was an HH format, trans brown monstrosity (sorry to the guy on here what sold it to me). Then I did the following:

• Sonic blue nitro refin by our very own Welsh Nitro Wizard @lamf68 ;;;;;;;;
  • New HSS plate by Sims Custom and Oil City Masterwound in the Bridge (Blackbird??) and Stone Tones in the middle and neck
  • Graphite string trees and other padding in the springs - done by Feline. Probably some upgraded electronics in there too (certainly the 5-way)
Also £375 with OHSC. What's not to like? It has two dings: one where a bit of paint flaked off in transit back from the refin: I kinda stuck it back as best as poss. And one ding down to straightforward fuckwittery on my part. Neck is lightly sprayed in lacquer and then sanded back. It's skinnier than Papa Smurf's johnson.  

Cheers for scrolling this far. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Oh my god I want that charvel but my car broke down and I need to make sure I can get other guitars set up.

Mate, they're cheap. Not a bargain - cheap!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Oh my god I want that charvel but my car broke down and I need to make sure I can get other guitars set up.

I'm a little concerned about the pricing on the Charvel: a guy I'd offered it to on a Charvel group on Facebook contacted me saying he thought I'd be pricing it in the 500-600 range as it's quite a rare one. He can't buy as his work has dried up because of Covid...

But I'm not so sure. It's hard to price: I paid 350-ish and then spent a small fortune on it but don't expect to recoup much of that.

It is fab though if you like thin necks. The trem alone is worth the money. Best trem I've ever used.  

• McToot said:
    Oh my god I want that charvel but my car broke down and I need to make sure I can get other guitars set up.

I'm a little concerned about the pricing on the Charvel: a guy I'd offered it to on a Charvel group on Facebook contacted me saying he thought I'd be pricing it in the 500-600 range as it's quite a rare one. He can't buy as his work has dried up because of Covid...

But I'm not so sure. It's hard to price: I paid 350-ish and then spent a small fortune on it but don't expect to recoup much of that.

It is fab though if you like thin necks. The trem alone is worth the money. Best trem I've ever used.  

I'm saving for a gretsch or similar - double cut, full hollow with bigsby. 

But if I had a bit of money going handy, I'd abandan that and take it. No idea on value, but it looks class, so much fun and a nice nitro finish to boot. 
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    Haven't played the Charvel but I can vouch for that Jackson - sweet, sweet rock machine (and a steal at that price for what you get)
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bump. Heading up to the People's Republic of North Yorkshire in a couple of hours: I could sneak either in the boot if anyone wants...

North Yorkshire bump...

Plenty of interest but no firm nibbles yet. Am able to post the Charvel and could discuss the possibility of doing so with the Jacko, but have reservations on that one: would need discussion. 

Charvel now sold pending the usual. 

Price drop on the Jackson SLX to £350, prefereably collected or via meet up within 1 hour of Gatwick. There could be a discussion on postage, but I'm a bit worried about that. 

Bump.

If anyone is umming and ahh-ing about the Jackson SLX, then feel free to ping me an offer. I won't be offended. I just need the space and have made peace with the kind of hit I'm going to take on it. 

Last price drop on the Jackson SLX: £325 collected/meet. Potential discussion on postage. 

I've had someone on Facebook claim they want to buy it and have agreed a price, but have already called off the collection date once so I'm dubious that it'll go to them. 

Forlorn, no one love pointies, bump

Redundancy bump.  :s

Absolutely the last price drop bump: £300 collected or meet up. Potential discussion on postage could be had. 

Jackson now sold. Operation de-clutter is now complete.