Don't buy Buffalo FX pedals! edit: ...Buy Thorpy ones instead!

What's Hot
Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
edited August 2020 in FX
Gave the guy a wedge of money for his Flanger in May and I've not heard a single thing since. Radio silence. Many people in the same boat and he's ignoring emails and not given updates. Seems his Facebook page is down too. Shocking.

He's not got any social media presence to slag him off on, so I'm using this as a good platform to do that, with the aim that it stops people forking out and losing money like I have!

As soon as I get my money back (unlikely) I'm buying a Camoflange!
Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    as it happens my old neighbour now lives about 10 minutes away from him, and, we were talking about this after seeing a tgp thread....I have asked him to go and ask personally about the pedal I ordered.....more later
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgaw said:
    as it happens my old neighbour now lives about 10 minutes away from him, and, we were talking about this after seeing a tgp thread....I have asked him to go and ask personally about the pedal I ordered.....more later
    You order a flanger too? It's beyond the joke. I'm guessing you haven't heard anything for months either

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    That's a shame. I remember when they started up and Steve was very helpful and responsive. Sad to hear as he's done some great pedals.
  • Beexter said:
    That's a shame. I remember when they started up and Steve was very helpful and responsive. Sad to hear as he's done some great pedals.
    If it transpires that he's been incapacitated, then I could forget about it. However, he's shown recent form for going offline and radio silence as he responded after numerous calls for communication in June. He spoke up and said all was fine. Since then, he's gone back to radio silence. Two bouts of that makes me think that it's just poor comms rather than anything untoward health-wise.

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    That's a shame as they are well made, sorry to hear. Too late to claim via card company?
  • That's a shame as they are well made, sorry to hear. Too late to claim via card company?
    Debit card, unfortunately.

• You should still be able to get your money back with your debit card - call the bank. Just takes longer in my experience! Had to prove it’d tried to contact them and give them like 30 days to respond. 
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited August 2020
    Looks like I've been able to get some movement from the bank, with any luck will have my money back soon.

• Just wanted to give an update. I just got a @ThorpyFX Camoflange after exchanging a few emails with Adrian, as always the gentleman and very kind. I just wanted to say thank you here because out of a rather disappointing experience with Buffalo, I experienced the complete opposite here and I'm very grateful for that.

As for the Camoflange, it's got zero noise, is more versatile than the flangers I'm used to, so I'm able to achieve much more with it. Until now I've set and forget them and stuck with one sound, but the Camo opens up a whole load of sounds to me which seem to be musical and useful. It's impeccably built and has that high-end, treble response everyone seems to be craving...me too, given much of the Gilmour sound in the late 70's was based around it. But it does way more than that, and that's what excites me, I like versatile gear, which allows me to find my own tone, this is one of those pieces of gear and I'm really grateful to all those who recommended it.

Result - I'm glad Buffalo didn't send his now! :-) (side note: I hope all is well with him, health-wise)

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom