Its a "Rat" or pretty much near enough . . Also TC Electronics Skysurfer . . . Nah

What's Hot
maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 556
I picked up a cheap MOSKY Black RAT Distortion pedal  a couple of weeks back . . . . . . Due to a £10 off promotion on eBay it actually cost me just £11.48  . . . At 57 my ears aren't quite what they used to be but its pretty close to the original from memory . . Bargain, I also picked up a really cheap TC Electronics Skysurfer Reverb Pedal . . I think they are only £30 brand new so I got it for half price  . . Its in great condition and its built like a tank but it sounds like a £10 pedal :-) Oh well, you win some, you lose some :-)  
Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    Yeah I was hoping to get some use out of the new(ish) TC line of pedals but with these you really get what you pay for.

Only exception strangely enough is the pedal which I thought would be the worst - the Eyemaster does the HM-2 thing quite nicely for the price.
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1676
    I got the TC Gauss tape delay and it's a great sounding pedal, but I just couldn't live with the volume drop when you stomp it, so I moved it on.
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 464
    I've got the 3rd Dimension Chorus from that TC line, a fantastic pedal, especially so at the price. There's some other great ones in the line like the Echobrain and the Afterglow, but think trying to deliver great quality digital reverb at that price is probably a bit much.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 556
    @jpttaylor ; . . . . I watched a couple of the YouTube videos on the 3rd Dimension Chorus . . Looks a little weird but sounds really good . .  . . Good choice pal  :-)
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dopesick said:
    Yeah I was hoping to get some use out of the new(ish) TC line of pedals but with these you really get what you pay for.

Only exception strangely enough is the pedal which I thought would be the worst - the Eyemaster does the HM-2 thing quite nicely for the price.
    The 3rd Dimension, and their purple BF-2 clone flanger are superb. Some of the others are highly regarded too
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 251
    I've got a few of the TC budget pedals, namely 3rd Dimension Chorus, Honey Pot Fuzz, Choka Tremolo, Rusty Fuzz and Vibraclone. The build quality is solid enough, and the effect quality sufficient if you want to try a sound without too much investment.
    @guitargeek62 ; . . . I picked up the 3rd Dimension off a local guy via Gumtree on Saturday . . Cheap as chips and like the Skysurfer, built like a tank . . . No complaints at all as it sounds great . . I've revisited the Skysurfer and to be honest, its not as bad as first thought . . The "Plate" Reverb is very "Greeny" so I take back the negative comments and thoughts I had and overall I have to say its " OK" . . . not great, but not bad either . . . . 

Nah . . . . Tried them both to death, and as much as I really wanted the Skysurfer and the 3rd Dimension to work for me, they dont quite do it . . . . Tone and sound is pretty hard to explain . . . Don't get me wrong the Pedals are great value for the money and they are built like a tank but I'll be letting them go sometime soon along with the NUX Roctary and the Boss RC3    . . . 

• clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Dopesick said:

The 3rd Dimension, and their purple BF-2 clone flanger are superb. Some of the others are highly regarded too
    Agreed on the purple Thunderstorm flanger, it sounds great.  I thought it was an MXR knockoff but, who cares, I keep hearing Andy Summers when I mess with it which is a good thing.