SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Blackstar HT-1R (faulty)

AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 932
edited August 2020 in Amps £
Cosmetically this is in great condition but unfortunately after it's been switched on for a few minutes it starts making intermittent popping/crackling noises. I've tried replacing the valves myself but this hasn't fixed the issue.
In all other aspects, everything works fine - the popping/crackling doesn't come through via headphones or the emulation output.
It's not really worth me laying out to get it fixed as I wouldn't use now. 

With the problem, I'm not really sure what it's worth to anyone  - any interest in say £50? 
I'm open to offers 

Local pickup would be preferable - or if you're anywhere in the Surrey/Sussex/Kent/SE London area I could possibly deliver or meet halfway. I'm in Edenbridge, Kent.
Might be able to post - the dreaded Hermes would be £7 but royal mail appear to be considerably more.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72312
    Not for me, but if anyone else is interested, the fault is in the power section and most likely the phase inverter - the headphones/emulated output is taken from the preamp not the power amp. The PI is a discrete-transistor solid-state circuit and can occasionally cause trouble - Blackstar's customer service are very helpful if you can't find a tech familiar with fixing this.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom