SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - American Vintage 52 Telecaster

What's Hot
HandwrittenHeroHandwrittenHero Frets: 851
edited August 2020 in Guitars £
Some people think the finish on the American Vintage line was delicate...to those people I'll tell you a secret: the paint doesn't chip if you don't play it enough! Yep, it's another guitar I've decided I should probably part with because it needs a more appreciative home.

So it's a 2017 American Vintage 52 Telecaster...and unless my eyes missed one it might be the only one in the UK without a paint chip. Although it does have some lacquer cracks and the finish has sunk into the grain a little, probably because there was a day the heating didn't come on. Just difficult to get a good photo of it. Also I made the mistake of taking the photos in an evening - worth mentioning it's actually a nice pale blonde. I did also put a small mark on the pickguard because there's a reason they moved to crosshead screws. There's a close up photo of that.

But specs would be handy. It's stock so should be as google drags up. 52U neck, 7.25 radius, vintage frets. Pickups specifically voiced for the model to be correct for a 52 Tele (and believe they carried them over into the American Original line). for those who don't know, the thing with the American Vintage line was they tried to make as close as possible to what rolled out of the factory back in the day. If that floats your boat fantastic, irrespective it's a really nice black guard Tele. Swing by somewhere like TDPRI and they'll sing the praises of the model.

The entirely scientific me on weighing scales (question life choices) followed by me on weighing scales with guitar suggests it's about the 7 3/4 lb mark. 

I've had it since new (yep, ouch...it's not seen play outside the house) so all the paperwork, case candy (more than you get with a custom shop nowadays, the tight gits!), certificate, alternate wiring etc should be present. And of course the rather nice tweed case.

I might actually have the shipping box for it still and be able to figure a way to post it. But I'll be 100% honest...if I do it's somewhere in the loft. And it's hot and I'm lazy. So collection from Sheffield only for the moment. Or delivery within reasonable distance.

I don't think there's anything else I need to mention, price aside. Seen one sell elsewhere in the last few months at £1200 so going to use that as a starting point to any discussion.

Questions always welcome, picture album at:
https://imgur.com/gallery/3xTpx37
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments