SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Now Sold: FS Fender Brad Paisley Tele & Squier CV Jaguar

What's Hot
Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 761
edited September 2020 in Guitars £
Both now sold.

Hi all

In a downsizing mode at the moment, these two are very good but here they are for sale. Not looking for trades thanks. Based in Rochdale, so I would imagine meet up is off the table at present!

Brad Paisley Telecaster. In good condition despite its road worn appearance. Comes with the original pickguard and the black one if you want it. It will come in it's original Fender gig bag. £700.

NOW SOLD - Squier Classic Vibe Shell Pink. Only a few weeks old, in two minds about this one. Strung it with 11's, comes with original pickguard and the cream one if you want it. £315.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7076
    what fretboard is it on the jag?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16014
    Brad Paisley tele is a very garish object ...........having had every custom shop tele /nocaster known to man I have ti say it's the best sounding and playing tele ever .......it's a fantastic guitar with a superb V to C shape neck .
    Sounds incredible........twangy with bite but not harsh or brittle .....just perfect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 761
    tony99 said:
    what fretboard is it on the jag?
    Its laurel. Lemon oil immediately applied when I got it, its darkened up well
    Dominic said:
    Brad Paisley tele is a very garish object ...........having had every custom shop tele /nocaster known to man I have ti say it's the best sounding and playing tele ever .......it's a fantastic guitar with a superb V to C shape neck .
    Sounds incredible........twangy with bite but not harsh or brittle .....just perfect.
    Yeah I cant disagree with anything you've said! It's either this or my strat, flip of a coin really. 

I happen to like the silver sparkle. I know it's too much for many though!
  • floeighty2floeighty2 Frets: 143
    Arrrggghhh I want both! I need my tele to sell first and I’ll maybe take one or both of those! 
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    The Jag is pretty 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    The Jag is pretty 
    I've got the daphne blue equivalent, had the nut sorted by a luthier as mine wasn't brilliant but not expensive and is a great guitar.  The newer ones like this already have a correctly fitting mustang bridge which stops the strings popping out and alnico pickups rather than ceramic in the old squier jags.
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
    edited August 2020
    Is the BP a Baja with a sparkly paint job? Same neck pup and neck profile I believe 1 

EDIT: Pink Jag looks superb!

Is the BP a Baja with a sparkly paint job? Same neck pup and neck profile I believe 1 

EDIT: Pink Jag looks superb!

You're pretty much spot on! I always think of it as a road worn baja. The only slight difference I believe is the bridge is slightly over wound as per Brad's request.
    No its not (I have both ).....the Paisley is very light and more resonant ........its Basswood I think (baja tend to be heavy )
    the pickups are completely different .....not the Broadcaster/twisted tele combination.
    The neck is very different in shape and doesn't have the thick poly coat of the Baja .
    The Paisley is much more comfortable in shape although its similar girth in 5th position .
    The Paisley sounds much better than a Baja 50s tele 
    I don't know why but the Paisley seems to have less tension and more bindability with 10s than any of the 3 Baja tele I have had.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16256
    Paulownia and Spruce. 

I had a vague memory that the BP is made of something unusual and looking it up it's a  Paulownia sandwich with Spruce as the bread.

There are some non roadworn versions out in the wild ( I have seen one) although I don't think they were ever an official model. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    edited August 2020
    Dominic said:
    No its not (I have both ).....the Paisley is very light and more resonant ........its Basswood I think (baja tend to be heavy )
    the pickups are completely different .....not the Broadcaster/twisted tele combination.
    The neck is very different in shape and doesn't have the thick poly coat of the Baja .
    The Paisley is much more comfortable in shape although its similar girth in 5th position .
    I don't know why but the Paisley seems to have less tension and more bindability with 10s than any of the 3 Baja tele I have had.
    As far as I'm aware the paisley had the twisted tele in the neck like the baja. I've read many times before that the neck is similar to the baja, and I've had a Baja and have to agree.  Although it's well documented that even baja necks from guitar to guitar have differed in feel.

The Paisley body wood is different and very light, and the nitro is an obvious difference. But the neck and pickups give it an obvious baja vibe.

Edit: review here states twisted tele in the neck and a custom overwound 64 in the bridge: https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/fender-brad-paisley-road-worn-telecaster
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
    Gerz6558 said:
    Dominic said:
    As far as I'm aware the paisley had the twisted tele in the neck like the baja. I've read many times before that the neck is also based in the baja.  Although it's well documented that even baja necks from guitar yo guitar have differed in feel.

The Paisley body wood is different and very light, and the nitro is an obvious difference. But the neck and pickups give it an obvious baja vibe.

Edit: review here states twisted tele in the neck and a custom overwound 64 in the bridge: https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/fender-brad-paisley-road-worn-telecaster
    You are correct Gerz, Dom has obviously been on the herbal tea :lol: 
    well I've got them side by side here and they're completely different on the neck shape .
    Don't think I'm putting the Paisley in the shade.......it's the best tele I've ever played by miles .
    I don't drink herbal tea unless it's watered down with Tequila .........t's too strong for me, especially the Camomile.
  • borntohangborntohang Frets: 128
    What was the fretwork like on the CV when you got it? Played a couple that needed some work and a couple that were decent so passed up when I was looking. Would have been a lot tougher if I'd seen that pink though! 
    What was the fretwork like on the CV when you got it? Played a couple that needed some work and a couple that were decent so passed up when I was looking. Would have been a lot tougher if I'd seen that pink though! 
    Apart from the frets being a bit rough they were ok. As per the recent squier bullets I've had, a week of two of playing sorted it out.

A lot of guitar for the money for sure!
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 919
    Can't believe that jag is still here? I thought these were sold out no? Not right for me at the moment unfortunately, but GLWS
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    I love the BP Tele, if I was still buying guitars I'd have bought it! Good luck selling.
  • NamaquaNamaqua Frets: 62
    Any pics of the back of the BP, neck and body?
    I've had that one ages darling
    Namaqua said:
    Any pics of the back of the BP, neck and body?
    Back of the body pic already there, I've added a back of the neck photo now. Cheers