Any Guitar Techniques Magazine Digital subscribers? - A couple questions if I may...

duotoneduotone Frets: 983
I used to subscribe a few years ago & just wanted to check:

1) Does the yearly membership allow you to read through the old magazines? (present & back to 2009)
2) What do you use to view the ‘magazine’? (I have read reviews that say the Amazon Kindle app allows only viewing of the pages & the playing of the music does not work).
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi,

Speaking as an IPad user...

1) Yes it does but you have to download each magazine and the number stored (on an iPad in my case) is limited by the memory size in the iPad.
    2) the iPad works perfectly to view, navigate & play the music with scrolling music stave/tab.

I think the experience is slickest with an iPad but there's now an option via pocketmags.co.uk I think to get this on other devices, not sure how good the viewing magazine history & music playing side of it is though.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983

1) Thats Brilliant & what I was hoping for.  Even on the official website 
    https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/music/Guitar-Techniques-Print.html it just says;
    What's included in the price of my subscription? We publish 13 times a year on most titles. 
    With no mention of being able to view back issues, which is strange as the 11 years of back issues is the main draw for me.

2) Yes I should have said that I previously used it on the iPad & it worked well & generally played the music back ok. I do remember a few crashes & having to reload though.

Did you buy yours via ITunes, 
    https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/music/Guitar-Techniques-Print.html , https://pocketmags.com/guitar-techniques-magazine or via the Guitar techniques app? 

• Hi, can't remember how i bought it initially, probably via iTunes though  

I'll check how long I can go back in terms of back issues though, I've not been right back near the start
    Hi, can't remember how i bought it initially, probably via iTunes though  

I'll check how long I can go back in terms of back issues though, I've not been right back near the start
    Thanks @ZenOvertone ;

I only remember my old one was via iTunes as I found an old email when searching my mailbox.
  • aspnetaspnet Frets: 46
    edited August 2020
    I got the digital sub earlier this year after being a print subscriber for the last year. Using Android so its through pocketmags app which seems to work fine. Appears I can access material for any magazine since I started any sort of subscription but its listed as an extra £3.99 per issue for anything further back. Listings go back to early 2014
    Thanks @aspnet ;
    Will avoid PocketMags then.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7323
    The subscription is for 1 issue a month. It doesn't open access to all of the previous issues. You can buy that though, they often put it on sale for £50 or so.
    Which pissed me off to be honest because I've bought every single issue digitally as they came out. Must have cost hundreds and then they just say here have them all for next to nothing.
    DefaultM said:
    The subscription is for 1 issue a month. It doesn't open access to all of the previous issues. You can buy that though, they often put it on sale for £50 or so.
    Which pissed me off to be honest because I've bought every single issue digitally as they came out. Must have cost hundreds and then they just say here have them all for next to nothing.
    Thanks @DefaultM ;
    Maybe I got lucky in 2017-2018 when I last had a subscription as I could view back to the 2009 issues then.  I will keep an eye out for that £50 offering the meantime. Cheers!
  • Km06oreKm06ore Frets: 12
    Just started another discussion asking this as I never seen this one, I recently bought the blues special of guitar techniques it didn't come with a cd all tracks were available online, is there any magazines  that are the same as this.