Go out and eat! (Safely of course)

What's Hot

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    As someone who works For a hospitality systems provider, I can confirm that this absolutely fucking ridiculous scheme, along with the vat rate change on specific drinks items, has been the biggest ballache for every single person is our company and had cost us an absolute fortune in development costs, which we can’t recoup because customers just ‘expect’ it to work. 

There are EPOS Providers much larger than us, who supply national pub chains who cannot handle the Eat Out scheme on their point of sale, because of the completely ridiculous guidelines set out. 

I already wasn’t a fan of this government. But they can go fuck themselves a thousand times over. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18727
    Cols said:
    Cols said:
    Really?  They’re using “ Eat out to help out" as a slogan?  Is somebody having a laugh?
    Fancy a "hand" ?
    I suppose it’s a step up from “Clap for Boris”.
    I would actually consider voting for that, on the basis of karma ...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1592
    It's also good to see £14m-worth Jeremy Hunt taking advantage of £50 off his meals. I assume that chap next to him is in his social bubble but not sure about the other three people he sat with...

15 quid for a fish n' fuckin' chips ! Wow!  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    well ,they could have had the Salmon for £19 ........which is amusing because salmon is cheaper than Cod
    back in the real world ........what do you expect ? A Pizza in Pizza Express is £14 these days
    It's not worth running a restaurant to charge less......the overheads, compliance and rent/rates are just huge.......it's a sit-down meal not a chippy take away
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • It's also good to see £14m-worth Jeremy Hunt taking advantage of £50 off his meals. I assume that chap next to him is in his social bubble but not sure about the other three people he sat with...

Yeah... Tone deaf comes to mind. 

I find it odd that there are various campaigns around eating healthier, including fast food adverts being put behind watershed - while the govt makes fast food cheaper for everyone. 

Seems like a really daft idea. Plus, eat out to help out? Really?! Did no one else hear it? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • There's an Oriental food place near me called "Bang Bang" (guffaw guffaw) which has some amazing little food places. Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese, etc. Might head there tomorrow night. 

Bye!

• duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    There's an Oriental food place near me called "Bang Bang" (guffaw guffaw) which has some amazing little food places. Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese, etc. Might head there tomorrow night. 
    It’s supposed to be good, some guys I used to work with went regularly.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    I've been out eating a couple of times, pub twice, just stayed outside. Thankfully only rained once!
  • duotone said:
    There's an Oriental food place near me called "Bang Bang" (guffaw guffaw) which has some amazing little food places. Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese, etc. Might head there tomorrow night. 
    It’s supposed to be good, some guys I used to work with went regularly.
    Yeah we've been going there for years and years. Tis nice!

Bye!

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3444
    In all fairness, 15 quid for a burger? 30 quid for 2 fish and chips? And I bet the waitress and most of the kitchen staff are on minimum wage!

That slogan should read ''Eat out to Help out with the payments on my yacht, the horses need feeding and the help are demanding their wages''
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmo said:
    In all fairness, 15 quid for a burger? 30 quid for 2 fish and chips? And I bet the waitress and most of the kitchen staff are on minimum wage!

That slogan should read ''Eat out to Help out with the payments on my yacht, the horses need feeding and the help are demanding their wages''

Ive no problem with the cost of any of those things. Quality costs money, and its not just the food you are paying for. Its the atmosphere. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • LMAO at people getting arsey about the prices. :lol: 

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    robgilmo said:

Ive no problem with the cost of any of those things. Quality costs money, and its not just the food you are paying for. Its the atmosphere. 
    Burgers or fish and chips are quality meals? Frozen chips are around 1£ per bag, burgers dont cost much more. I rarely eat crap like this at home, Im fucked if Id pay 15 quid a head for it, no matter what atmosphere I was surrounded by.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    LMAO at people getting arsey about the prices. :lol: 

Just the prices connected to the rubbish junk food.
  • :lol: 

Getting on his high horse about the quality of a burger....

:lol:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bye!

edited August 2020
    lol 

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol
    Nope, just stating the facts, the thing is I see eating out as a treat, so when I do I like to eat nice food, when I walk into a restaurant and the menu is full of over priced junk food I tend to feel slightly let down by the whole experience. 

Anyhow, Im on the case to try and lose a bit of gut so maybe high prices for junk food isnt such a bad thing.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3065
    Boris: “We’ll tackle the obesity crisis head on, and save the NHS from fatties”.

Ronald McDonald: “Hold my fucking beer...”.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    RobDavies said:
    Boris: “We’ll tackle the obesity crisis head on, and save the NHS from fatties”.

Ronald McDonald: “Hold my fucking beer...”.

Ronald should raise his prices to 15 quid a head and put a fucking fountain in the middle of every outlet, perhaps some soft Jazz in the background and a shabby chic dresser here and there, thats what people want, apparently.   =)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmo said:
    lol 

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol
    Nope, just stating the facts, the thing is I see eating out as a treat, so when I do I like to eat nice food, when I walk into a restaurant and the menu is full of over priced junk food I tend to feel slightly let down by the whole experience. 

Anyhow, Im on the case to try and lose a bit of gut so maybe high prices for junk food isnt such a bad thing.
    You keep saying 'junk food', but its not mcdonalds, or a road side café.

I don't eat meat, but even I know a 15 quid burger is going to be great quality beef, Brioche, sides and twice cooked quality chips. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24251
    LMAO at people getting arsey about the prices. :lol: 

Making me laugh too. It's not a takeaway with lower overheads.

And the money = quality argument on burgers is just stupid. I've had exceptional £5 burgers, and really shit £20 ones.

But back on topic - Nope. I will not be exposing myself or my family or (just as important) other diners / staff to the risk of infection for an an unnecessary trip.

If a restaurant does takeaway / delivery - then fine. But I won't be going to sit anywhere near other people.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom