New decent mid price acoustic conumdrum

What's Hot
Hello all. 
I'm thinking of a new Acoustic and whilst I'm usually happy to go second hand I'm after a bit of advice on 2 new contenders that seem interesting to me. I know I should go and try them and find out for myself and to be honest I normally hate threads like this.....But is there something I'm missing about these 2? Before I go and back to back them?
Finlayson J50 ME
Yamaha LJ16

Would really appreciate any pointers. Thanks very much.

God bless this kitchen said the knick knack chef
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The yamahas are excellent and very cheap at peach guitars at the moment

I was lucky enough to grab a lj36 from there and its amazing

The LJ size is also very comfortable to me but size is very subjective 
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Haven’t had any dealings with Finlayson but they look interesting. GG have some massive discounts on them. 
    All solid with help from Godin? Bet they sound great but what kinda tone they have is the key I guess. At £599 it take a punt on one of those
  • Thanks Gents,
    This is why I asked:)
    The Yamaha looks a really great deal and solid rosewood to boot.
    Whilst I'm not really  brand orientated......I also really like the spec of  the  Finlayson.....Made by Godin in Canada which I'm ashamed to say kind of swings it over China...
    Anyone played the Finlayson?  The only internet review is on GG site who are sole dealers and a big journey for my nearest.
    God bless this kitchen said the knick knack chef
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 464
    I have two friends that swear by their Recording Kings RO-T16. And both have access to very expensive gear since they're producers/performers, one in Nashville and the other in New York.
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    At that sort of money - take a look at Eastman. If I can help please DM me

www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)