Volante, or will an El Capistan do?

What's Hot
BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2218
edited August 2020 in FX
For those who have had both:

Volante=emulated tape delay with multi-head options, built in spring reverb, control over modulation, and looping capabilities.

El Capistan= emulated tape delay with multi-head options, built in spring reverb, control over modulation, and looping capabilities.

Differences: Volante is pricier and can store presets.

Have I got that right? Anything I’m missing, and is a Volante worth the extra cost compared to the El Cap?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    I would say the Volante is more an emulation of a tape machine and the el cap is a tape delay emulation .... 

I'd say the midi and presets on the V are far more advanced than the single memory slot on EC. As is the head selection . 

The modulation control is also very different .  

Whilst there is alot of crossover . The V isn't just a an EC with midi and a few more options. 

It's not what you want to hear but you'd be better on trying both to see which suits . 

I sold my EC when I got V, bit only cos I can't really justify keeping both. 

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    I think that they are, in reality, totally different machines.

The SOS is ironically better on the El Cap imho.
  • Very helpful couple of comments, thanks... anyone else had experience of both?
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6683
    I've a Walrus D1 on the way but so far the Volante is the best sounding delay I have ever owned, by a margin. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    I have Volante on one of my pedalboards- it is my favourite delay at the moment

El Cap is a relatively simple device.
    Volante is much deeper- being able to feedback time divisions that are not playing via playback is one example of the extended capabilities of that pedal.
    Volante isn't necessarily the most immediately satisfying device to pay with- you have to get into it, read the manual or spend time figuring it out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom