The best licks I have heard since a long time....

What's Hot
... Not mine, kudos to Chris Buck (don't you know him? Check out fast).
Perfect territory for pure strat tone heaven here, it really suits it. 
From the first very moment I heard this jam it did stick in my head till I learnt it and played it. Here it is over a backing track I created for the purpose. I hope you like it!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NerineNerine Frets: 1971
    I’m confused. What’s going on??
    is this you playing? Did you learn this?
    What’s not yours? The guitar? Eh? What? Haha. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nerine said:
    I’m confused. What’s going on??
    is this you playing? Did you learn this?
    What’s not yours? The guitar? Eh? What? Haha. 
    Well, you are right, ehm.... 
    I heard the original played by Chris, I made my own backing track and learnt the piece. What you are seeing and listening is myself playing, ahaha!!! 
  • I should add the guitar and complete rig is mine, but I rent the jack from the rehearsal room lol! 
  • OnparOnpar Frets: 415
    That's awesome. What would be really cool is if you were able to breakdown what key notes (chord tones or 4th,6th etc) are being played over the chords. This would really help folk understand how to tastefully solo over a chord progression. A really good example piece to work on. Also, the strat sounds fantastic. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Onpar said:
    That's awesome. What would be really cool is if you were able to breakdown what key notes (chord tones or 4th,6th etc) are being played over the chords. This would really help folk understand how to tastefully solo over a chord progression. A really good example piece to work on. Also, the strat sounds fantastic. 
    Well, I am unfortunately a self learner at guitar so I have little knowledge in music theory and  rely only on my ears. The chord progression is as simple as this: B minor, A, E (I play it tuned in eflat). It seems to me the solo develops over the minor pentatonic but Chris is a master in melodic progression therefore it sounds really original. I love it.

Yeah, that Strat sings, it's a pity it's black, not my fav color in a Strat, but I bought it for the tone! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OnparOnpar Frets: 415
    I have the same strat model but from 2008 in white. Great video and playing though, hopefully we will see some more in the future!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Onpar said:
    I have the same strat model but from 2008 in white. Great video and playing though, hopefully we will see some more in the future!
    Yeah, American Standard from 2008 to 2016 are my favorite and very consistent. I tend to prefer the ones from 2012 and on, with factory loaded Fat 50s pickups, just like mine.
    I load some videos every now and then, you could also have a look at the other ones in my channel if you like. The cover of The Loner by Gary Moore is one of my latest uploads (and my best guitar level I can express right now and probably also my absolute maximum), it's another soulful piece.
    Thank you very much! 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16013
    Onpar said:
    Well, I am unfortunately a self learner at guitar so I have little knowledge in music theory and  rely only on my ears. The chord progression is as simple as this: B minor, A, E (I play it tuned in eflat). It seems to me the solo develops over the minor pentatonic but Chris is a master in melodic progression therefore it sounds really original. I love it.

Yeah, that Strat sings, it's a pity it's black, not my fav color in a Strat, but I bought it for the tone! 
    makes a great base for a lightly relic'd Shoreline Gold tho '.......get a refinish ;worth it for a guitar that sounds so good
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 598
    Lovely tone and playing! What's your pedal/amp setup in this? 
  • hassleham said:
    Lovely tone and playing! What's your pedal/amp setup in this? 
    Thanks, I have the Strat going into a Boss Blues driver set to medium gain (but the most of the crunch comes from the Amp main volume), then into an Ibanez TS9 (for the middle part), then into a carbon copy delay (just a touch), finally into the Fender Blues Junior Amp. 
  • Dominic said:
    Onpar said:

makes a great base for a lightly relic'd Shoreline Gold tho '.......get a refinish ;worth it for a guitar that sounds so good
    I never really thought about the possibility to refinish it..... I will reflect on the subject...... That's indeed an option...
  • Chris did reply himself in the comment section! What a honour!!!! Little great achievements!!!! I am floored!  =)